waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 25-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Dual injection for twincharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Ah ha, thanks for the input.

The software is by Revo, so I've no idea what was done to it. Though the car is very smooth and no problems. And the log method is by them too.

So what do you think? You think it is ok to add 1g/h pre-charger nozzle? And do you think it will cause problem for my turbo since I am injecting so far away from it?
Dear DLHeman, I really want to say GO FOR IT and let's see what the results are!

From experience in tuning:

- If you don't know fully how the system works
(Kinda where is that/what is that)

-Don't have enough to monitor the system
(Gauges and Datalogging)

Then the upgrade of the system is being done with blind eyes.

What would I do if it was me ?

That depends how far you want to go and how far you love your car and how far you are ready to spend lots of cash on it.

If you want to keep it to the least, I recommend :

- Boost Gauge
- Air Temp Gauge at Plenum
- AFR Gauge
- Water Injection Flow Gauge

Those would be the basics.

Ok Now you have all these set right in your car. Start your engine and slowly drive till your engine is in its optimum temperature. The reason of slowly is in order NOT to activate water injection before this test. Now hold your engine at 4th gear and begin with the least possible RPM (1000rpm should be good). FULL throttle and carefully take note while Boost increasing keeping an eye also on Air Temp till 3500Rpm. The reason of 4th gear is that to load the engine enough so that you can actually read the climbing boost without going fast enough to loose attention.

According the boost and temp @ intake plenum you got, you can decide if the PRE-Supercharger nozzle is needed or not since after that RPM supercharger is no longer used.

In my opinion the intercooler should do its job here, so I am very confident that until you are not making lots of low end boost maybe 14+Psi already boosted at 3Krpm, you should scrap the idea.