waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 05-02-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Newb to WI

I have many questions, so get ready to hear me ramble. I have a RX7 that i am going to run about 28 psi on it. The best gas i can get in Colorado is 91(well i can get c16 but my thought was i could run methonal and 91 and be safe at 28 PSI, but im not sure now). Is there any mixture that can be safely run at 28 psi on pump gas (91) and any mixture of Methonal WI ect, that will be equivelent to running c16 or higher octane? The injectoin is only going to come on over 15 psi, cause i feel that 91 octane is sufficent for 15 psi. Also what size injector do i need, i have 4800 cc of fuel and max duty cycle is about 85. I bought a 10 GPH injector as of now but am thinking it is to big but first i need to know what mixture to run. Thanks
Marc
Old 27-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Have you consider outting some methanol in your tank to try out the effect of octane increase by methanol. Since you have a set of high flow injector, mix in the methanol with fuel might just work out perfect.

A/f ratio for gasoline is 15:1 and Methanol is 6:1. If you run 50% methanol mix, you need to up the fuel flow by 30-35% or so. You could end up with an octane value not too far from race fuel.

I am only suggesting since most oxygenated fuel sold at the pumps contains methanol, I think most of the components in the engine should be OK.
Old 28-02-2005, 04:13 AM

Default High altitude

I see your in Colorado, what part ? There are several suppliers here in the Denver Metro area where you can get unleaded 100 octane fuel.

PM me and I can give you info on local sources for high octane fuels.

Richard, here in the US the oxygenated fuels are nearly all oxygenated with either Ethanol ( here in Colorado ) or MTBE which is rapidly falling out of favor due to ground water contamination issues if a gas stations tanks leak.

I know a guy in the UK that has successfully run up to 10% methanol in his fuel in a Subaru but above that it gets dicy for corrosion issues. I personally have run high concentrations of fuel grade ethanol in gasoline up here and it works just fine.

Larry