waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Custom made WI with a fail save system (see drawing inside)

Hi,

My car is a Volvo V40 2.0T standard 160hp after couple changes hp should be near 180 now.
The car will be custom remapped in May. Water injection is for sharper knock timing and cooling.

I will try to write what I have and how I want it:
Car should be 230hp after custom remap and turbo pressure will be near 1.1bar (16psi) which is pretty high for my turbo and that?s why WI will be needed.
I am planning to build a dual stage water injection, first stage will be activated on 0.7bar (10psi) and second stage will be activated on 1bar (14.5psi), both nozzles will be 75cc/m (1GPH)
Water / Ethanol mixture will be 80% water and 20% Ethanol, I tank 98 octane.

I am going to make a custom build system based on a simple Shurflo pump based system. I made a scheme for electrical and mechanical parts, it is made in Photoshop since I don?t have AutoCAD at home so bare with me if it looks bad.

Here the drawing I made, see below for explanation, every comment is welcome to improve it for a save system:

Scheme looks complicated but it is actually pretty simple, I will explain what I want after its finished:
  • * 2 float sensors in the water tank, one for mid level and it will only activate a LED second one is for low water level, it will directly activate a led inside the car and shut off the pump after certain time, the pump wont run dry since there is still little water in the thank when the low level float sensor is activated.
  • * Low level float sensor will also deactivate TCV (Turbo Control Valve) after certain time this way the turbo will run on lower pressure since there is no water system to keep things save.
  • * There will be one extra block-off solenoid next to another two (for high and low stage) to prevent water going in to the intake, I have seen couple people having this problem so I decided to go save and use one extra before the other solenoids.
  • * To be sure the pressure sensors are on upon turbo pressure, there will be two leds inside the car.
  • * A water pressure sensor with a led will show me when there is pressure in the system, same sensor will also deactivate TCV when there is no water pressure while pump runs and a led will be activated to show there is no water pressure.
  • * There will be a Shurflo accumulator for keeping nice water pressure.