waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 13-05-2006, 12:45 PM

yup thanks for the explaination after i posted that previous post i did some reasearch on lambda and tuning .... i also notice that AEM has a UEGO which display AFR or lambda.
I also came accross the LM-1 and the innovat forum!

I'll continue reading up on this and when i eventually try this out i'll be sure to post my results.

BTW - scott how do you go about handling your Meth?
Hugh Gordon
Old 13-05-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGTi

LOL with mixed results mate LOL. I currently buy it in 25 Liter bottles and transfer a gallon at a time into gallon bottles. Then i just use a funnel a pour it slowly. ( its so thin and awkward to pour nicely ) I use a hand pump to transfere it with. . Becareful not to contaminate the methanol. It will strip paint ,glue etc etc very quickly.

After tuning with meth i cant see the point of using water at all. ( maybe my opinion will change later LOL )

Scott
Old 29-05-2006, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGTi

LOL with mixed results mate LOL. I currently buy it in 25 Liter bottles and transfer a gallon at a time into gallon bottles. Then i just use a funnel a pour it slowly. ( its so thin and awkward to pour nicely ) I use a hand pump to transfere it with. . Becareful not to contaminate the methanol. It will strip paint ,glue etc etc very quickly.

After tuning with meth i cant see the point of using water at all. ( maybe my opinion will change later LOL )

Scott
Is this 100% meth tuned RX7 an everyday driver? BTW RX7's are my favorite cars. I will have a R2 someday.

What do you have?

Car below:

http://forums.explorerx.com/index.ph...CODE=12&CID=44
Old 29-05-2006, 10:57 PM

Not meth as a primary fuel but as a additive.

I have a special edd Type R. IT is very addictive to drive and even better with a few extras. It seems like they are going up in price recently again.

Scott
Old 01-07-2006, 08:55 AM

After a few months of running methanol i decided to pull the intake apart to see what effects the methanol has on the components. My main point of interest was the throttle body flaps.

The throttle body its self was very clean. I have not yet removed the plenim to check that out.

Small traces of salt were found in the throttle body and also on the brass flap ( which i was surprised at )
I am aware that methanol is corrosive to aluminum but have seen no noticeable differance ( no pitting etc ) Only the salts and what you can see in the pic.

The pic also tells me im getting more meth in the rear runner ott
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 AM

Interesting info, keep it coming

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 13-07-2006, 04:30 PM

With my car still being off the road i am taking the time to alter my system and improve it.

I was running the coolingmist vari cool controller with a 100 psi pump 1 x m 0.5 jet 1 x m 5 jet

I have now changed all the barbed fittings i hated so much and replaced with pressure rated quick fit ones. I have also now got 2 x 0.8 mm aquamist jets that a plan to run together.

After the looking at the throttle body pic i would like to get a more even flow into both rotors. I have enclosed a pic of the intake elbow which shows the path of the meth going up to the throttle body quite clearly. I also have a pic and video of the aquamist jet versus the m 5 jet.

I have also enclosed a pic of the elbow. I need some help as to where abouts to mount these to jets ?