waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 18-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

i to am seriously thinking about doing this after a good read. my only issue is that i'm using a tiny turbo and very short air intake

the compressor intake is only 48mm so fitting a jet right infront will obstruct most of the air intake. Right before the compressor there is a 90 degree bend at 48mm diameter which the outside is to close to the oil filter to fit the jet there pointing at the compressor. But after that bend its 12" of straight 2.5" diameter pipe with the air fitler at the end. My idea was to fit the jet into the end of the air filter pointing straight down that longish intake.

Would that be ok?

also with using the pre turbo setup, i would still like to run a normal setup pre TB, would i be able to just run a T section off the pump to power 2 jets or do i have to run a twin pump configuration? I'm using the Aquamist 2D system and would like if possible to run 50/50 meth/water

Any issues do you think?

thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 PM

Has anyone tried using a mist maker to vaporize water mix pre-turbo?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 AM

anyone???
Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 PM

2 jets off a single high pressure pump will work just fine.
Old 14-06-2011, 02:52 AM

MR2,I have seen several people with cone filters tapped at the top for a nozzle, so I did it myself, and my filter is right at the turbo. See my warm air intake thread.
Old 27-10-2011, 07:34 PM

Hello all,

I'm actualy thinking of installing a preturbo jet to my HFS-3 system.
I actualy run one single 1mm jet just before throttle.
now, where to fit the preturbo jet is the real question.
I understand it is recomended to install it just in front of impeller. But this is a rally car with a 34mm restrictor just in front of inducer. so I don't realy want to restric this area with any extra item (jet).
I'm wondering what is the downside to have the jet close to airfilter ?

I did this pic before instaling the HFS3 (there is no more BOV now, air filter has been relocated in front of engine bay, but stainless piping is still the same), I've been thinking to install a 0.4mm preturbo jet on the stainless air intake piping you can see on top of exhaust manifold (just next to black rubber piping which goes to air filter) what do you guys think of it ?

Last edited by zakshaker; 28-10-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 27-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Howerton Engineering

We have many customers inject pre-compressor now. If it is not possible to inject right before the turbo, then as far away from the turbo will work if it is a smaller jet. You want to try to have the spray evaporate and break down as much as possible before it enters the turbo. Right after the air filter should work. Good luck.
Old 27-10-2011, 08:31 PM

thanks for your answer, the stainless piping which goes to the turbo inducer is about one meter long. Does it sound far enough ? the jet would be just on the right side of the "TOYOTA" writing. I was wondering if there is any risk of water reforming on piping wall ? what is the max jet size which could be used in this typical area ? could I just plug it on the side of the piping ? of should it be installed in the center of the piping ?

Last edited by zakshaker; 28-10-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 29-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Howerton Engineering

There will always be some water that gets on the piping wall, what you need to determine is if this will be an issue. If the air velocity is high and hot and dry, then it should still evaporate off. If it's a cold ambient temp and very humid, then it will have a harder time evaporating. Adding some methanol would help.

You can stick it in the pipe wall this far away from the turbo. The jet size would be by HP and engine size, but I would start with a .3mm or .4mm and see how it goes.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:59 AM

Thank again for your help

Air velocity should be quite high as I start spraying at 0.6 bar boost (TD04l turbo) which happen around 3000 rpm
I live in tropics island, So it is quite Hot most time of the year. average weather temp is 22-30 ?C. It never goes less than 15?C. and it can go up to 35?C in summer peak. Now it is never dry, it is pretty much humid (around 80%) . I plan to use WM50:50

Last edited by zakshaker; 29-10-2011 at 07:43 AM.