waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 29-05-2006, 11:29 AM

The car will be tuned again in about two to three weeks as I also have a new bored throttle body sitting here and I'm currently using a test pipe (with good results so far). We'll see how far we can change the timing and turn the fuel back, which is what really counts, I agree here.

I was only spoiled as on some webpages a large temp difference in intake temp was announced while using WI, which obviously was wrong or overstated.

I'll keep you updated,

Andreas
Old 22-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Questioning effectiveness of WI - only 5 celsius less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4XRBJ1
Secondly, I only saw a reduction in intake temperature of about maximum 5 degrees celsius, mostly even less with 2 or 3 degrees celsius. You gotta be kidding if this is all that I could expect, for shelling out 900 bucks ?? I saw 42 degrees minimum on 22 degrees ambient temperature yesterday night, also due to efficient cold air intake and intercooler working well.

Any recommendations what is maybe going wrong? System seems to be installed properly, one injection with 0.7mm noozle on standard pressure right at the end of intercooler, about 15 cm away from the throttle body.

What kind of numbers have others seeing so far in regards to intake temp reduction?

Very disappointing so far,

Andreas
andreas, before you get too discouraged, i have to ask:

where is the IAT sensor on the car?

since you are using the oem ecu and obd2 to measure charge air temps, unless it is "downstream" of your point of injection you will see zero change in IAT.

it is not common to measure IAT post throttlebody. this is generally called CAT (charge air temp) or MAT (manifold air temp) and is really only useful if your ecu is running speed density as its load reference.

ken
Old 22-06-2007, 11:17 PM

If you have an accurate and reliable way of measuring knock you`ll see a huge benifit, the right tune on water would be seriously bad for one without WI..