waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 18-05-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slostar
its not a great deal diffrent, thats probably why i didnt notice it while just watching the guage.
Because adding the water won't change what your lambda meter reads. The lambda will be the same. There is no difference.
So just tune the fuel for your power optimal lambda levels and forget that you have the water (it just works in background helping with cooling and supressing pinging)
Old 18-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
seems to be a pretty good meter huh. an older vesrion of logworks, theres a later version out on the inovate site.
Yeah the LM-1 is the daddy LOL. I have now got a digital egt gauge for my fc datalogit. Shold have a better idea now. (even though i retuned with alch injection)

Scott
Old 28-05-2006, 06:23 AM

sweet.
i just ordered the aux box 3 for my lm1. will get some more logs up with: afr, rpm, map & acceleration, when it arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5
Quote:
its not a great deal diffrent, thats probably why i didnt notice it while just watching the guage.
Because adding the water won't change what your lambda meter reads. The lambda will be the same. There is no difference.
So just tune the fuel for your power optimal lambda levels and forget that you have the water (it just works in background helping with cooling and supressing pinging)
i know. but the graphs do show a diffrence, even tho they are pretty crap. im not saying water alters the wideband reading, if thats what you mean?
Old 29-05-2006, 10:59 PM

Which ever way it still deserves looking at. I know afrs can change with your lunch but he does have a point. The afrs do seem to change. hmmmmmm

Scott
Old 17-06-2006, 04:37 AM

did some more runs. nothing much exciting happened
done in 4th gear, ran out of road to rev it right out. wi soild line no wi dotted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Image54541.jpg

theres a bump in the power graph just after wi turns on. (11psi) but that could have just been a bump in the road or something. as power and torque is just done by a calculation of g's, rpm, weight etc..

need to play with the afr some more see what happens

comments?
Old 17-06-2006, 10:24 AM

To me it looks like the AFR's are stable ish. There is very little differance between WI and none. I would expect this sort of deviation between runs on the same set up so i think on this run we can say wi does not affect AFR.

Im very interested in the Bump in the graph. It apears to have a big rise in power. There is no boost spike there tho or anything odd about the rpms. You also see a increase in the G,s so its defo going better. I presume this is the water on point but why does it do this.

What are you using for your water injection ?

Scott :?:
Old 17-06-2006, 01:39 PM

yeh im interested in the "bump" on the graph also. will do few more runs to back it up when i get a chance.

its just a single stage setup. mostly a coolingmist kit. switching it through my boost controller at the moment. its probably around 20% water vs fuel when it comes on. could explain the bump.
temped to try more water and switch it on later, probably using injector d/c. as its prone to detonation just after 6000rpm. you can see it on the graph where the boost jumps up half a psi or so
Old 17-06-2006, 03:50 PM

Is there any differance in you water injection map and your non water intected map ?

I wonder if what we are seeing is a change in egt.

Scott
Old 18-06-2006, 12:22 AM

same map, runs were done within 5mins of each other on same part of the road. good point. might try sort out a probe to log egt as well
Old 18-06-2006, 06:36 AM

same again, but changed to a bigger jet. seems to loose 4-5 hp right through the rev range after the wi is activated. got the sligtest det at one point in the rev range, on the run with no wi. pretty cold out there witch would explain the extra boost and power over the last graph

afr is doing its own thing as usual...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...mage545419.jpg

not sure what to try next. might try drop the afr back down to 11.8 or so, see what effect it has. not too keen to go any leaner than what it is.