waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2016, 11:50 AM

Default Twin turbo and chargecooler

Hi all,

I have recently picked up a second hand Aquamist 1s, so I'm coming in at a low level here!

I have a 1967 Ford Anglia 105E, with a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 2.5 litre, twin turbo V6 engine, which from the factory has 276bhp.

Here's a shot of my engine bay:

Before each of the turbos (TD03), there is a small filter.

The chargecooler is mounted on top of the engine, and has two pre-radiators - a small one at the rear of the car, and a larger one in front of the coolant radiator at the very front of the car.

However, I don't think the chargecooler is big enough to take the heat out of the inlet air at high RPM and high boost (by "high boost" read around 1 bar for this engine), as the power drops off dramatically at higher RPM, so I am looking to install my 1s nozzle in the most useful place to counteract this.

I am not looking for massive power gains, but the peak power is currently 235bhp at 4800rpm, whereas it should be 276bhp at 6500rpm.

The places I can think of for the nozzle are:
  1. Before the turbos. I will need to get a second nozzle.
  2. At the Y where the two feeds join. This will cool the air before entering the chargecooler. It will need to go into the gap between the two smaller pipes, pointing towards the chargecooler.
  3. After the chargecooler. This will allow the chargecooler to do as much as it can, then I cool it further. Would this be best on the outlet of the chargecooler, on the silicone corner, or the aluminium joiner where the take-off for the dump valve is?

Space is very tight, so I'll need to also find somewhere suitable to secure the pump, and source a suitable container for the fluid!

Any advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Garry