waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 20-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Intermittently working 03 RS6

Green light flickers well
B light comes on
Bars work and first and then don't as much

Here's my latest theory............boost leak.
Not as bad as first but once the car warms up whatever hose is leaking gets softer and leaks more. I have had a woooo honking sound and thought it was a bad axle. Swapped in a new axle tonight and that didn't fix the sound so I'm assuming it's a boost leak which I would imagine would cause all kind of ruckus for the meth system.

That tank was built by Jason at AMD. It's a great set up. I have the same in my laser S4 avant.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You could be right.

If you are not building boost, you will not be using a large amount of fuel. Since the aquamist tracks fuel flow, it won't be inject a good amount to build up flow bars.

There is one thing you can try...

Link "FDC". this hijacks the gauge to display Fuel-IDC%. Watch the gauge as you drive. If the iDC is decreasing slowly with time, it might be the issue you are experiencing.

Also a reason why the failsafe is not triggering because aquamist is seeing a reduction of flow vs IDC%, no reason to trigger a failsafe.

I think the "FDC" link will give you a good deal of feedback.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Ok will do this and report back. Thanks Richard
Old 21-05-2017, 07:47 PM

Ok last night I tested the DV's and they seemed ok, not very old based on what previous owner told me. Took it for a freeway spin just now and it pulled really strong at first, lots of bars with the FDC linked. There are a couple good 2-3 long mile hills where I really let it rip. With minor traffic the 1st time it did great but only short pulls. On the way back, same hill, I was able to get into for sustained throttle and that's when I noticed it was a bit weaker FDC read and eventually the throttle cut, even if I downshifted. I would assume this points to a small boost leak that doesn't like sustained boost!? Nice warm day here today. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow as I am heading on another 100 mile work trip. Thanks Richard.
Old 22-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The boost leak could be the problem. This may explain why the FDC get weaker. Aquamist cannot detect boost leak, it just follows IDC%.
Old 20-03-2018, 01:51 AM

Hey Richard, reviving this thread. I have been driving the car since the last post on wastegate boost, which is around 7-8 lbs. Car drives just fine and has decent power. I'm thinking about bringing the meth back on but Jason (AMD tuner) thinks we may have minor piston damage which could be our culprit for the meth system not working properly. Like I said the car runs fine on wg boost, doesn't use oil, and pulls strong. On meth it's supposed to be running 24lbs taper back. I intend to do pressure test and leak down test in the next coming weeks to verify if there is any piston damage. Just curious do you think piston damage could be the culprit? I just don't understand why it runs fine on wg boost but not on the meth system.

Thanks for any input.
Old 22-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

if the meth was not working properly, it would trigger the failsafe and drop the boost down to wastegate pressure.

We only make the system, how the system was set up is not under our control.
Old 31-03-2018, 06:12 AM

Hi Richard,

Back at this a bit. Jason says he may have time next week to put the car on the dyno and try to figure out what's going on. Today I swapped in a new FAV and Relay that I ordered last summer just to see if it would change anything. I did some video tonight. Please watch and let me know what you think. Should I check the wiring to the ECU? It just doesn't seem like the meth is kicking in properly. When it's on and low boost it feels fine just when I request anything above 10 or so psi in isn't getting enough fuel/meth.

Thanks and if anything I'll let you know what Jason figures out next week.

https://youtu.be/w0aLu-ZNjDQ
Old 31-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Let me know.

What is the serial number of the controller?