waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 16-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Default hfs-3 to aem ems in 02 wrx

I have the hfs-3 system and im currently in the process of installing. I have an 02 wrx with the AEM EMS system in it. I currently have the fail safe hooked up to wastegate with the brown and white wires but I want to be able to turn the gauge on and it automatically switch maps. Ive heard things about the orange wire being a map switching wire but im not sure which wire to tap into with the aem ems. Any help would be great!! Thanks!!
Old 16-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: hfs-3 to aem ems in 02 wrx

The orange wire will send out a 5V signal as soon as you turn on the gauge. It will reaim to be 5V until failsafe triggered during an injection event.

You can invert the signal from 5V to 0V by linking the jumper.

As far as the AEM ineterface is concerned, AEM should have an input to receive this signal. Sometime is called nitrous map switch. Check with them.

Should something goes wrong with this link, you can still count on the aquamist's ability to reduce boost independently.
Old 16-02-2013, 02:59 PM

Alright!! One more question. When you say jumper does that mean attach orange wire to the aem map switch wire or cut the aem wire and attach to plug side or harness side? Sorry , just starting to understand wiring. Thanks
Old 16-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Jumper is the little plastic caps that plugs into programming pins of the controller. The link option determines the switch polarity of the orange wire. 0-5v or 5-0v.

The orange wire goes straight into the AEM controller.

Warning, if you loose electrical power to the WMI system, this map switch will not work. But it will cut boost.