waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Default HSF-3 stopped working? How do you link the FAV & SYS to test system?

Ok, Had my system fitted professionally and set up, But is a bit of a nightmare to take back, So hoping i can do it myself!

All was working fine, Then noticed the red bars on the gauge not lighting up, The S light indicating flow sensor is lit. The B (high boost indicator was flashing) and the W injection led and water level led were blipping on and off.

1st i checked the circuit board and the Green led was lit and acted as it should in the set up instructions, I checked fuses and noticed the 15amp fuse had blown between the relay and the pump (replaced it) Took the Fav assembly off the outlet from the pump and Took out the FAV bridge and put it on the SYS as the instructions say, Sure enough pump sprang into life.

Thinking I have solved the problem, and the set up was now working, I put everything back together but i put the outlet pipe from the FAV assembly to the JET into a bottle (just to test system, before putting Bumper and lights back on car) Nothing is coming out and Pump dose not seem to be working???.
Started car biped the accerator green led on motherboard flashes, But no spray? Do i have a Fav issue?

Want to try linking the FAV and the SYS settings like it says in the instructions, to test the system, But the instructions do not make it clear how to link them both? Its easy to take the Black Peg off the Fav to link the SYS like it says for Purging the system, But where do i get the Peg from so i can link the FAV and SYS at the same time?.

Any ideas on my issues lol, Cheers.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HSF-3 stopped working? How do you link the FAV & SYS to test system?

First of all, we need to know why the fuse was blown. It is a 15A fuse, more than adequate for the pump.

Few questions:
1. Where is the pump located?
2. The day the fuse blown, was it very cold, possibly frozen pump?

If you take the peg (jumper link) off the FAV and put it on the SYS, the pump will fire up but it won't get pass the FAV.

In order to have the system manually activated, you must leave the FAV peg on and use the spare "PRK" peg for the "SYS" test.
Old 13-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Default Re: HSF-3 stopped working? How do you link the FAV & SYS to test system?

Hi Richard.

On my 207gti, The pump is just under the drivers side front light, behind the bumper. I cannot be sure if it was cold the day i noticed it had stopped working, But we did have some cold mornings around the time it stopped working around -6 degrees, So it could have been frozen.
Do you know at what temp the Water/Meth would freeze at if at all, I'm running a 50/50 mix?

I though that the PRK peg was used as a spare, But the instructions on the HSF-3 V11 Do not make it clear, that you use the PRK peg to test the system.
So i was reluctant to use it incase things then went badly wrong.

I will do the test this weekend due to my work, And post the result.

Many thanks.
Old 14-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley1974 View Post
Hi Richard.

On my 207gti, The pump is just under the drivers side front light, behind the bumper. I cannot be sure if it was cold the day i noticed it had stopped working, But we did have some cold mornings around the time it stopped working around -6 degrees, So it could have been frozen.
Do you know at what temp the Water/Meth would freeze at if at all, I'm running a 50/50 mix?

I though that the PRK peg was used as a spare, But the instructions on the HSF-3 V11 Do not make it clear, that you use the PRK peg to test the system.
So i was reluctant to use it incase things then went badly wrong.

I will do the test this weekend due to my work, And post the result.

Many thanks.
What is the serial number of the system?

If you are doing a manual system activation, the "PRK" jumper is the obvious one to use. If you unplug the FAV, nothing can flow pass it. It is unlikely the fluid was frozen if you have a true M50/W50 mix.

The instruction is very clear, you are the first person one that doesn't understand it.

I do need to know the serial number and your date and place of purchase.
Old 17-01-2015, 01:09 PM

Hi Richard, I have tried the setting you have suggested and the pump fires up and passes threw the Fav system fine, so will put things back together and road test.

You did a system check on my circuit board recently and spoke to myself and Jeremy at J P Autotech who fitted the system. You told me it was a Virsion 2 shipped 31/01/12.

I Just wanted to know if their was a freezing point of a 50/50 mix, But mine looks fine.
Old 17-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

So no problem with the system except you were confused with the jumper links.
Old 19-01-2015, 07:26 PM

Hi Richard
Yes the system is working fine. I just was not 100% sure that the PRK jumper link was used as a spare and wanted to check incase i shorted out the circuit board or did any other kind of damage.

Thank you for your help.