waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Check Valve

Hi all,

I have my pump mounted at the same height as the top of my washer bottle. When the water/meth level falls to half way down the bottle I have a problem with the water running back from the pump and therefore a long delay before injection starts. I can see this happening if I observe the pump operating and then switching off. The pump does not act as a check valve but I wondered if the Aquamist check valve would solve the problem - it would be doing the reverse of what it's intended for (stopping siphoning through the pump when the jet is mounted after the throttle body).

Thanks, Huw.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:25 AM

Hi
for low pressure side (pump inlet) is best way to use electric solenoid. for pressure side (pump outlet) is solenoid also better option than checkvalve, as this is really prone to failure, me personally will never use them again...
Old 13-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Check Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardon
Hi all,

I have my pump mounted at the same height as the top of my washer bottle. When the water/meth level falls to half way down the bottle I have a problem with the water running back from the pump and therefore a long delay before injection starts. I can see this happening if I observe the pump operating and then switching off. The pump does not act as a check valve but I wondered if the Aquamist check valve would solve the problem - it would be doing the reverse of what it's intended for (stopping siphoning through the pump when the jet is mounted after the throttle body).

Thanks, Huw.
What type and model system are you using?
Old 13-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Aquamist 1s
Old 13-12-2009, 06:15 PM

I`ve got a couple of checkvalves that are 5 years old and they still work pefectly, I actually prefere them over the solenoids.
Old 13-12-2009, 09:26 PM

Thanks,

looks like it might have been a knackered o-ring on the inlet side of the pump. As a test I tried blowing back through the pump (Justin at ERL's advice - thanks) and there was no flow - great. Justin had sent me a couple of 90 degree bends so I took the inlet bend off and found the 0-ring in a bit of a state - the water ran was running back because air could get in there. New bend fitted and all ok.
Old 15-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Howerton Engineering

Sorry to take couple of days to get to this but it appears you already have it worked out. Good luck.