waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 21-04-2005, 04:42 PM

Default SRT-4 Stage 2 toys intercooler sprayer question.

Theres a debate going on at srtforums (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126814) about using the provided Stage 2 intercooler sprayer and converting it into a more useful Water Injection setup. The toys intercooler sprayer seems to include some components from your water injection systems. Some people including myself have some questions on the specifications of some of the components in the kit. Or if anyone has any advice please post.

Or if aquamist can possibly make like a conversion kit for Stage 2 with toys SRT-4's to go from intercooler sprayer to water injection setup I think would be a GREAT seller. More and more SRT owners are having interest in water injection and we even have our own W/I section within the forums for general questions. This could be a hot seller.
Old 23-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

There are two complications that will make the conversion unsuitable:

1) The pressure of the existing system will not be high enough to give proper atomisation against manifold pressure under boost.

2) The water pump may be be reliable for continuous injection. Internal injection requires a more robust pump that will supply high operation cycles since the presence of water is more critical.

The existing water spraying system is well designed for external use, it has no less than 600 dyno hours spent on mapping the water, fuel, ignition, fuel grade, sensor interactions etc. It should be left un touched.

If you want to add an internal water injection, please refer to the other SRT-4 thread.
Old 26-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the advice. :mrgreen: You saved me from perhaps damaging my motor.

Regarding the intercooler sprayer: It says on the instructions to use pure distilled Water (I myself through in a couple of ice cubes in with the water to get it very cold). Is there any other combinations you know/tried of that can cool the intercooler even better, or do you just recommend what the instructions say?