waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 23-09-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Aquamist 1s problem - MX5 SC

Hi

My engine seems to be sucking water straight out of the tank! I have just intalled the kit today. After the first test drive I left my car on a very slight slope tilting forwards. When I started the engine loads of steam came out of the exhaust and it was obvious the engine was flooded with water.

I have the tank and pump in the boot. The tank is fairly high up so it can gravity feed the pump. The nozzle is half way up the side of the dummy throttle body (SC downstream from throttle)

I am using what I believe to be a 0.5mm nozzle (green plastic ring)

Also- are the Nozzles in two pieces that are fitted together? When I went to loosen the 0.5mm nozzle for testing purposes it seemed to be loose around its mid section. I took it off and hand tightened it before the problem was noticed. (Thought I should get that in incase it turns out to be important)

In case anyone suggests it might be the head gasket - the problem went away when I disconnected the system.

Please help!

Ben
Old 23-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If uyou are installating the water ject on the vacuum side of the throttle plate, you must use a 1-bar checkvalve to prevent the water from syphoning through the pump during high vacuum.

The part number for the checkvalve is:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...9/806-249.html