waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 13-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Default Need help with 2D wiring!

I own a 2000 Supercharged Toyota 4runner with the 2D system. I don't know much about wiring and had it professionally installed. When I was trying to figure out why I had a check-engine light on, I was surprised to notice under my dash that i had a loose wire that wasn't connected to anything. This is the thin red wire that comes off of the fuel injector. The fuel injector actually tees with two thin red wires-one of them goes through fuses and connects with the water injection solenoid. The other one is the one i found, which leaves the engine bay. Here is the wiring diagram..
http://www.turbobits.co.uk/graphics/...ion-2d_640.png
The loose wire is the one in the bottom-right of the picture that says "+ From"

Does this just go to a + power source? The non-connected wire was close to where I have tapped into the (+) ignition power source, so i wonder if the installer connected it to this. It is also close to the fuse box too, so I wonder if it connects into that somehow?

Probably a simple question, but once again, I don't know much about wiring at all.

Thanks in advance,
Neil