waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 01-02-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Water injection on Supercharged 1UZ-FE V8 engine.

G'day everyone,

A relative of mine fitted a Lexus LS400 4.0 V8 engine (1UZ-FE) into his toyota landcruiser truck sometime ago.

Having ordered a supercharger kit from Australia, I recommended him to run a water injection system, since he's not running any extra fuel or ignition controller just as an assurance to prevent detonation(with the pulley supplied, its supposedly gonna run 6psi,)..

Ive suggested him to run ERL's aquamist or any pressurized water injection but somehow, I have no idea how he ended up buying this product from the states called aquatune.

Having read their stuff on their website(www.aquatune.com)..I found out that it's not like all water injections that I know, being pressurized...here's some of the extract...

Quote:
AquaTune Plus far exceeds all other water injection systems on the market today. Here is why: Unlike pressurized water injection systems, the release of energy from pressurized water during the combustion cycle is largely wasted and consequently most all the energy is wasted through the exhaust cycle. The H2O molecule structure in pressurized water is tightly bonded together. Even in a fine mist concentration a 20% release of energy would be considered good during the combustion cycle. Pressurized water is also difficult to dissipate once inside the intake manifold or collected on the intake valve seats. This residue would also accumulate on the turbine blades whether it is a turbo- charged or supercharged vehicle. This has been known to give water injection a bad name. This is not the case with AquaTune Plus. AquaTune Plus pre-explodes the water, in other words, ?cracking? the water, which gives a complete foundation for releasing the energy before and during the combustion cycle. When the ?cracked? water collides with the fossil fuel, it rapidly expands the fuel giving it a higher BTU rate and maintaining a lower combustion temperature while giving a higher compression ratio and still lowering the oil temperatures by approximately 25 degrees. Here is how the processor is able to explode and crack the water: Water is brought through very precise jetting and then through a tuning fork. Incoming air traveling through intruded turbines hit the tuning fork at 1,200 feet per second, the water injection then travels down through a spiral chamber to the echo cracking chamber where it collides with a ram spiral air injection. Namely, two tornadoes colliding together at the same time; one, the spiral velocity chamber and two, the ram induction chamber. Hence, violently ?cracking? the water. The injection is then brought into a precious metal grid hydrogen generator. The generator is powered up by a 12-volt battery and it is powered up only when the engine is running and shuts off automatically when the engine is shut off. Therefore, you never need to worry about the battery being drained or unwanted hydrogen being produced. The generator creates large concentrations of hydrogen on demand making the injection a very high potency injection. From here it then goes from the generator to the venturi injector nozzle. The incoming air passing the specialized venturi injector nozzle creates a vacuum zone which powers up the processor. This injection is quite explosive in the combustion chamber.

Four years of research and development makes AquaTune Plus the best system on the market today. It makes other water injection systems and hydrogen producing systems obsolete. For all intents and purposes, this is the only system that has the right to be called a fuel cell with hydrogen on demand. We are turning water into fuel, both today and in the future.

Here is what you can expect from our system: up to 30% more hp; oil temperatures down by 25 degrees; gives higher air charge density; no more pre-detonation, even on turbo and supercharged vehicles; removes all carbon build-up in the combustion chamber, valve seats, EGR passways and cleans up sticking rings; keeps the oil cleaner and prolongs oil viscosity life; drastically prolongs engine life; and 25%, or more, increase in the fuel economy.

Im not convinced. However, giving them the benefit of doubt, has anyone used them yet?experiences? Id love to hear experiences(even stories) from users, probably he could still return it back to them .. .. ..

If you don't feel comfortable responding this thread, please mail me at

dsinsua@yahoo.co.uk

Many many thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:35 AM

I'll only add one comment to this; read the following from the FAQ and then think seriously about the products statements...

Quote:
14. If the system runs entirely on vacuum, how can it be used with a turbo or super-charge?

This is definitely the most frequently asked question. To get a better understanding of and to explain the process of turbo boost vs. incoming vacuum, let us give you the following explanation and description:
1. A turbo-charged vehicle and/or a super-charged vehicle, never, ever will it ever pressurize the intake manifold. The turbo-charge and super-charge only ASSIST the cylinder fill. In other words, assisting the incoming vacuum. In essence, the intake manifold actually has a higher vacuum range and a much more prolonged vacuum range. To better prove the point, in 1979 Buick had a turbo-charged carbureted vehicle and it worked quite well. This also put out 18 pounds of boost. As you well know, carburetors need vacuum in order to draw the fuel.
2. If you hook up a vacuum gauge and run a line into your vehicle's cab, go to boost and watch the gauge.
3. Addressing super-charge. Go to the web site and see the Dyno report on the Grand Prix. Notice the power band before and after.
4. Another example, note the testimonial from a gentleman in Australia. He has a turbo-charged vehicle:
This product is fantastic. Installed on Saab 9000 2 litre turbo. Fuel savings 25-30% but most noticeable is the whopping power gain. I estimate 30%, about the same gain as a turbocharger would.and I haven't advanced the ignition timing yet,the engine seems to run smoother as well. I add about 20% methylated spirits[ethanol]and a dash of 6 vol[20%] hydrogen peroxide to the water. The peroxide itself gives a few extra KW as I've compared with and without the peroxide. I know peroxide is one type of rocket fuel. Thanks for a great invention. Regards, Rod from Oz. (Australia)
I personally would be very very afraid given this statement in bold...

Cheers
Brett
Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Wohkay..many thanks for highlighting that part...I knew something's not right about it.

Besides that, anything else?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Interesting concept, way over my head.
Can any one explain it in a simplier terms?

Richard
Old 01-02-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Interesting concept, way over my head.
Can any one explain it in a simplier terms?

Richard
Well just reading it they've managed to make a device that can split out the Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms into their base elements from water, but the catch is it only gets sucked into the intake under vacuum...

Pretty amazing really and all for roughly 500USD!

To me it sounds like snake oil. The paragraph I posted really does take the cake though, I found it amusing to say the least.

Cheers
Brett
Old 01-02-2006, 12:24 PM

A turbo engine would create a vacuum before the turbo - it could be injected here. It may be worth seeing if there have been any technical tests on this product to prove or dis-prove it.

Doesn't sound like WI though - more like hydrogen injection.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:13 AM

I've tried to convince my cousin to return the stuff but he's gonna go ahead and test the product..

This stuff's advert really sounds like "motor-up".

Will advise you guys on how it goes.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhead
I've tried to convince my cousin to return the stuff but he's gonna go ahead and test the product..

This stuff's advert really sounds like "motor-up".

Will advise you guys on how it goes.
I wouldn't be too hasty to return the system. It is too wonderful to discard it without trying it first. Seeing is believing, give it a chance.

Richard
Old 02-02-2006, 03:21 PM

Read the blurb on their website and IMO whoever wrote the 'tech' stuff is way out of his/her league.
By miles.

It doesn't claim cold fusion, not yet (maybe the next version!) :lol:

My favourite bit:
"...ultra-sonic barometric pressure chamber giving off ultra-sonic frequencies which in turn are splitting the hydrogen from the oxygen creating hydrogen-rich bubbles and hydrogen gases...."

John

www.max-boost.co.uk