waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 29-02-2004, 01:56 PM

Default my own experiance with a "self-made" water injecti

hi !

i made my own water injection system just like 91CavGT and it works !!!

now... i have a 1.4 turbo diesel non-intercooled(i'm from belgium and here are the insurances very expensive and thats the reason that i drive a 1.4 TDI!!)

so when i bought it the car was so slow i almost fal asleep during driving it!!!
this had to change!!

so i put in a powerchip ads 30hp + a bleedvalve and now i'm doing between 1 and 2.2 bar when i feel like it....
now was i searshing for a intercooler but i do not have much space...
so i stumbled over water injection on the internet!

i began to study it and i found a distributor nearby(the only one in a radius of 300 miles)and his price was 580dollars non placed !!

so i decided to do it myself!!

i used a water tank from a colt whit two pumps(original on the tank mounted) , a new solenoid and a self made nozzle(this one is now originally from aquamist because it injects better than my self made...).
o jeah and the electrical parts to...

so i began to build in and my meaning is that it works but not how it was meanted to work..

my pumps are to strong i think because my tank (1 gallon) is dry after +-7 minutes of use !! and my nozzle "squirts" like 91CavGT says...

now i was thinking to place a speed regulator on the two little pumps and place the tank in my trunk and then put a feul pump nearby the nozzle for more injecting power.

and in a meanwile i'm searsching for the right nozzle.... (this one is replaced by the real thing...)

but the good news is that you can feel the engine running better !!
so it works!!

now i'm going for the real thing because i just didn't believe that water can "cool" so much...
t'hats why i wanted to try it my self so if it won't work i dind't throw so much money out the door...

but now i'm convinced !!!
next week i'm going to order the stage one kit....
Old 29-02-2004, 07:16 PM

I look forward to seeing how you do with the kit. I'm hoping I can use water as an effective intercooler too.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:13 PM

i just got an e-mail that my aquamist system is delivered and i'm going for it tomorow.....(yes :twisted: )
Old 04-03-2004, 10:31 PM

i just finished buildung in the aquamist system but because i had to put my tank in the trunk i needed a priming pump....

i made it in that way that it's almost identical to the aquamist system...

so i used a relais whit one wire coming from the battery(relais number : 30) and then a wire to the priming pump from the relais(number : 87)
and from the pump to ground.
then i have a wire whith a switch that i put on number 86 and the ground from 85

i have a full circuit but my priming pump has to work when my aquamist pump activates under boost...

how can i make a connection that the two relais (one from the aquamist system and one from my priming pump system) work together ????
Old 06-03-2004, 03:41 PM

i fiksed the problem with the priming pump... i just don't need it at all !!!
the aquamist pump sucks it in all by itselves !!!

and wow !!! wath a difference ! i can use high boost without losing horsepower !!! my car is almost 1.5 sec faster(from 0 to 62mp/h) with the high boost and the water injection!!

it's worth the money !!! :twisted:
Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Hi JAENEKE,

I am also from Belgium (antwerp).

I now drive an Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD with 185pk tuned.

Is it possible to mount a WI on mine? The aquamist sytem, does that inject from a certain pressure? Or is it progressive? More throttle input, more water?

Greetings, Bart
Old 04-07-2005, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonte
Hi JAENEKE,

I am also from Belgium (antwerp).

I now drive an Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD with 190pk tuned.

Is it possible to mount a WI on mine? The aquamist sytem, does that inject from a certain pressure? Or is it progressive? More throttle input, more water?

Greetings, Bart
Hi !

Welcome @ the waterfreak forum :lol: !

Sure it is possible to mount this on youre 2.4JTD because the bigger the displacement the bigger the advantage !

The normal(read : cheapest)system just injects from a certain pressure at youre desire...
The other systems are far more expensive but they are fully adjustable andso on.
But just keep it with the normal system and you wil be just fine because the other systems are more for racing and/or pro's !

If you need more info or where to get a system let me know : jaeneke@gmail.com (en dan kunnen we eens int nederlands klappen :wink: )
Old 04-07-2005, 10:17 PM

sent you a mail :-)