waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Where to put nozzles on intake manifold, even distribution?

I have a 99 miata 1.8l with 9.1-1 compression, with an MP62 supercharger from BRPerformance mounted on the intake side of the engine. The supercharger bolts to a box 2" deep that has runners coming out the side of it. Like a shallow shoebox with the runners coming out the side and the supercharger mounted on top, at one end, parallel to the box. So far it would seem the Aquamist 2d is the system for me as it monitors clogged nozzles and I want that. I am currently running 9-10psi with no wi or intercooling. It has been a cold wet winter since I installed this supercharger. I would like to move up to 14-16psi. I only have 91 octane here in California.

I am not sure where to locate my nozzle/nozzles.

A) If I locate anywhere in the box I question the even distribution as the runners exit the side.
B) If I put a single nozzle on each runner it seems that I would have very small nozzles and risk clogging.
C) If I mount a nozzle on each runner how would I monitor clogging?
D) If I mount a nozzle before the supercharger others have found that the supercharger gets cooled and the intake air shows little cooling. There is also the question of the effect of wi on the rotor coatings.
E) I have the ability to monitor egts but moving the nozzles around again and again trying to get egts to even out and to be equal at different levels of boost is not something I want to spend lots of time on.

Any suggestions?

PS I tried to upload a pic of the manifold but it simply lists the url and doesn't post the pic???