waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 27-03-2018, 05:36 AM
RICE RACING RICE RACING is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Utopia
Posts: 415
Exclamation Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Now that's fast~!!
Faster now, but of much more importance is reliability and even more so durability, nothing beats RR in these key area's. Any kent can go onto Arsebook and hype the fuck out of a mad max E85 fuel can carrying POS that proliferates the gen zero run interwebz, but scant few can claim to have fast real road rotaries or any engine type for that matter

http://www.riceracing.com.au/rides/S...II_Charles.htm
__________________
http://www.riceracing.com.au
RICESP > F40 > Zonda > ZR1
Water Injection Specialist
"Can't be defeated!, don't know the word!, shoulder to shoulder!, we'll fight the world!, WE CAN'T BE BEATEN!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2018, 02:02 PM
dlheman dlheman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 40
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Faster?

Bloody hell mate I cannot imagine what that car mustíve felt like :O

But yeah, very impressive!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 AM
RICE RACING RICE RACING is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Utopia
Posts: 415
Wink Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Faster?

Bloody hell mate I cannot imagine what that car mustíve felt like :O

But yeah, very impressive!!!
Feels great according to customer, he has
630awhp EVO9
850bhp R34 GTR
modified R35 GTR
And none of these come close to the 13B RX7 (owners words) and backed up with data from the Life Racing and Syvecs electronics on them.

Currently we are up grading the R34 with an OS315 Tomei brand new motor to make it compete with the mighty Mazda, then no doubt the RX7 will need to lift itself however we are at the limits of 2WD (on semi slick rear tires) and the turbocharger is right on its speed limit.

So just more proof it was ever needed that WI can exceed any normal limits, and all without needing to fuck your car with an inferior comical E85 conversion
__________________
http://www.riceracing.com.au
RICESP > F40 > Zonda > ZR1
Water Injection Specialist
"Can't be defeated!, don't know the word!, shoulder to shoulder!, we'll fight the world!, WE CAN'T BE BEATEN!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 PM
dlheman dlheman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 40
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

After looking at the do and don't do of using E85 I came to the conclusion of E85 produced many hassles in maintenance.

It drinks like a mofo.

It requires earlier oil change intervals.

It will be difficult to start the engine in cold weather if there is a high Ethanol content.

It isn't particularly kind for the fuel line and injector.

If left for days it may be difficult to start the car.

But more tuner prefers it than water methanol injection (including my STI engine tuner). Is it easier to tune an engine using E85 than WMI such as Aquamist?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 PM
RICE RACING RICE RACING is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Utopia
Posts: 415
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

It's just a fuel, and is no water injection. WI is superior in power production, engine longevity and car utilization.

You can teach common sense but you cant teach stupid.
__________________
http://www.riceracing.com.au
RICESP > F40 > Zonda > ZR1
Water Injection Specialist
"Can't be defeated!, don't know the word!, shoulder to shoulder!, we'll fight the world!, WE CAN'T BE BEATEN!!!"

Last edited by RICE RACING; 20-04-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-05-2018, 06:32 AM
djfourmoney djfourmoney is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
After looking at the do and don't do of using E85 I came to the conclusion of E85 produced many hassles in maintenance.

It drinks like a mofo.

It requires earlier oil change intervals.

It will be difficult to start the engine in cold weather if there is a high Ethanol content.

It isn't particularly kind for the fuel line and injector.

If left for days it may be difficult to start the car.

But more tuner prefers it than water methanol injection (including my STI engine tuner). Is it easier to tune an engine using E85 than WMI such as Aquamist?
Lots of WRX/STI tuners are hostile to WMI for some unknown reason.

But you see similar fights all over the internet when the people that can afford to spend the money have a problem with people that find affordable solutions to the same problem.

There are camps on both sides of three debates I see -

Clutch Slip vs No Slip
Nitrous + Turbo vs Turbo Only
E85/Methanol vs 50/50 Water Injection

Clutch Slip saves parts and you'll run faster but you can't get people to grasp that.

Nitrous and Turbos work great, better than either on their own. But too many add a level of complication that most people aren't comfortable with.

E85 is easy if you able to upgrade your fuel system to compensate. But as you say none of the negatives are ever talked about.

This is because water-methanol injection is generally affordable, but the days of burned up pumps and burnt pistons are fresh in the mind of many people.

Ironically it's because the majority of failures are linked to easily solved things and I can think of two instances.

Guy runs 100% methanol, can't afford to upgrade his fuel system properly so he increases the amount of methanol injected into the motor. The pump isn't designed for 100% methanol, it dries out the seals and the pump fails just at the time he needs the power (during a race) and boom.

That has given rise to Rodney's company Alky Injection actually and other companies that modify pumps to handle 100% methanol.

But just as that happen, E85 became widely available because of incentives from the Federal Government. As E85 pumps started to dot corn country lots of people said the F with methanol injection, not many people were running 50/50 that E85 took off. Then people started posting more impressive numbers made with E85 that were nowhere what most single nozzle methanol systems are capable of.

So when you say you want to run 2000cc direct port + (500cc) 5th nozzle post intercooler or pre-turbo people look at you like you turned green all of a sudden.

The Tuning School did a series of videos and articles on Engine Labs and tried all the popular racing fuels and water injection.

50/50 beat all the unleaded racing fuels and it wasn't really that close. 100% methanol beat everything but VP C85 alone. Ironically VP C85 with 100% methanol made the most power overall. This was done only with modifying the ignition map and fuel trims. Boost was kept static (supercharged Corvette C7)

A turbocharged car would have made huge numbers because of the easy boost adjustment.

I plan on doing some similar testing and sharing it online.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 17-05-2018, 09:39 AM
RICE RACING RICE RACING is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Utopia
Posts: 415
Wink Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

It's very well known that alcohols are prone to detonation, this is fact.
Forget about the octane rating or latent heat benefits the cunts detonate and do so in spectacular fashion, and then dumb arse commentators wonder 'why' it happened.

Water does NOT detonate.
__________________
http://www.riceracing.com.au
RICESP > F40 > Zonda > ZR1
Water Injection Specialist
"Can't be defeated!, don't know the word!, shoulder to shoulder!, we'll fight the world!, WE CAN'T BE BEATEN!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21-05-2018, 04:18 PM
dlheman dlheman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 40
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Yes I saw the video too.

I just think there are way too much things to go wrong with E85.

I think what gives a bad reputation to WMI are those cheap WMI kit that is just way too simple in its operation to deliver a reliable and precise injection all time everytime.

And add to that the wrong nozzle location. For some reason most installed the nozzle so close to the manifold usualy just before or right after the throttle body. And using a big nozzle. There is just no way the wmi can be equally distributed to all cylinders.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-06-2018, 11:33 AM
ozynigma ozynigma is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Default Re: Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
The absolute ideal is gasoline main fuel, water/methanol in 50/50 ratio and injected at 40% to 25% of main fuel flow *BY MASS!!!*, it will make power on all set ups, be consistent, not rape any parts be it in your injection system or your engine.
Hi, this is my first post here. I will start a thread for my build shortly.

So I did some calculations and the recommendation of 25-40% by mass would be around 1.15cc to 1.85cc per hp, compared to the general recommendation of 1.0 to 1.5cc per hp. The middle of your range is the top of the general range.

So is it OK to err on the side of more water methanol mix rather than less? How much is too much for a daily driven street car?

My application will be a 400 crank hp MPS at around 24psi boost. Maybe my next car will have a real Mazda engine
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-06-2018, 11:34 AM
RICE RACING RICE RACING is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Utopia
Posts: 415
Default Re: RX7 rotary power, meth or water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Yes I saw the video too.

I just think there are way too much things to go wrong with E85.

I think what gives a bad reputation to WMI are those cheap WMI kit that is just way too simple in its operation to deliver a reliable and precise injection all time everytime.

And add to that the wrong nozzle location. For some reason most installed the nozzle so close to the manifold usualy just before or right after the throttle body. And using a big nozzle. There is just no way the wmi can be equally distributed to all cylinders.
Fit for purpose solution below, car is fast, reliable, and durable
__________________
http://www.riceracing.com.au
RICESP > F40 > Zonda > ZR1
Water Injection Specialist
"Can't be defeated!, don't know the word!, shoulder to shoulder!, we'll fight the world!, WE CAN'T BE BEATEN!!!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.