waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 07-01-2013, 10:31 PM

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Will do , ships tomorrow.

You need tracking info?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you have it, not important. PM me.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 AM

If i wanted to upgrade my HFS6 to a HFS4 what would i need?

I know this is un related to just a HFS4 but did not want to create a post just for this simple question but can i use Stainless steal lines with meth injection?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Howerton Engineering

The 6 and 4 have nothing related except the pump. There is no upgrade path.

We sell a conversion kit so you can use AN lines with the kits if you wish.
Old 15-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Alright thanks Howerton and i know about the AN line kit i just purchased one.

Going stainless lines/braided line combo Got a lot more to buy from you but need to do the plumbing 1st.

Just thought i would ask if there was an upgrade i have a brand new HFS6 i have not used so thought if there was a simple upgrade awesome if not oh well.
Old 30-05-2013, 08:42 PM

Hi Richard,
I recently bought HFS4. Electric men installed me as WIRING DIAGRAM MS6 v4. And then my boost stay lower than it was. And I understood that my boost control brains of HFS4. Set jets which was included 0.7 mm.
when we are working on 100% IDC + gain MAX then red LED turns around 4000 rpm. and the boost is reduced to 0.8 bar
it means that jets too small for my configuration.

but when I turn on the 100% boost then red LED does not light up. But still, my car is going slower than before the installation HFS4. HFS4 brains cut off boost by themselves .
WHY???

tell me which way to IDC, or boost? I bought this WMI HFS due just this working by IDC.

power of the car before installation was 320 hp now its about 270-300hp.

my modes:
FMIC, CAI, full exhaust 3'' + versatuner

I plan to get 350 hp

thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

What is your MAP sensor boost range? Are you boosting to the maximum range of the MAP sensor?

The HFS4 can be configured to read 1, 2.5 and 3.5 bar MAP sensor. Check you have configured the HFS4 to match the operating range of your car's MAP sensor.

Configuration instruction is in the user manual.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
What is your MAP sensor boost range? Are you boosting to the maximum range of the MAP sensor?

The HFS4 can be configured to read 1, 2.5 and 3.5 bar MAP sensor. Check you have configured the HFS4 to match the operating range of your car's MAP sensor.

Configuration instruction is in the user manual.
Does that mean that if we are plan on using a 3 Bar MAP sensor that the HFS4 would not be able to be configured correctly and we would have to use a 3.5?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are not boosting up to 36 psi with a 3 bar map sensor, you need to use the "GAIN" trimmer on board to scale the boost signal up.
Old 17-06-2013, 03:07 AM

Hi Richard, I have a brand new LS3 that I want to swap into my 2000 Holden Commodore SS and am keen to run the HFS-4 if that is what you recommend.

Currently I run the original LS1 with a rear mount turbo with mild cam and full race exhaust. It makes 450rwhp on the 5lb wastegate spring which is about 6.5psi max and has gotten 31mpg best on highway from the 4000lb auto sedan (weight with me in it).

I'm using a water/meth kit supplied by STS in the USA which picked up 48rwhp on pump gas but it is not able to be precisely tuned and I am sure it dribbles when not pumping based on the fact the car will sometimes stumble when left sitting from cold over night and when that happens there is steam coming out the exhaust until it clears its throat. Fortunately it has not yet hydrauliced but I'm not keen to risk it on my new engine - hence Aquamist.

BTW - I currently run 2 nozzles (better ones than STS supplied) and they sit about 45cm from the throttle body. I've thought about adding a 3rd smaller jet pre-turbo to help spool quicker and cool the intake charge from the back of the car forward.

Goals with the new engine are a daily driver tune around 550rwhp and capability of a track tune to 650-700rwhp for short stints. Hence I'd need 3 400cc injectors to reach 1200cc flow on 50/50 mix. So that part is easy.

The harder part is that at low rpms and from 2psi boost the engine only needs a small amount, and the required jets cannot atomize water down to the 150hp level at 2500rpm. I need the right amount down there because we should see at least 2-3psi by 2500rpm and with compression being around 10.7:1 cylinder pressure will be high boosting at lower rpms where detonation is more likely than in the top end.

I'd like to be able to run 1 injector only at low rpm then phase the others in as rpms and boost rise so I can get the right amount at full pressure even down low. In fact the LS3 may boost as low as 2000rpm - we simply do not know yet.

1 - is HFS-4 the best solution for me

2 - can it run 1 injector individually then phase in the other 2?

3 - if yes to 2 - can we ran 1 smaller jet for low rpm then 2 bigger ones as rpms rise?

4 - where would you put the 3rd injector (which may be the 1st to come in)?

Thank you for helping me

Last edited by Bazman; 17-06-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Add new info