waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 09-08-2017, 05:43 PM

Default Check Valves?

Hi All

I am looking to add 2 check valves to my set up I have roughly about 3 feet of 4mm hose from the FAV to the jests (two). I normally use devils own brew (clear liquid) in my system but I put in snow performances boost juice this time to see whats happening as it is colored red. After a few test runs I opened the hood to check if the meth was staying in the hose between the FAV and the jets and there was no liquid in the hoses I assume it is being syphoned into the intake when not under boost, I am not really bothered about the small amount of liquid being syphoned off what I am looking to do is stop the initial surge upon activation of the system spraying.
A few questions I have that I hope someone can help with:-

1, looking at the pictures of the check valves on the aquarist site it would appear that the way they are integrated into the system is to cut each of the 4mm hoses and insert a valve into each half of the cut hose is this correct?

2, where is the best place to insert the valves? should they be touching the nozzles, leave a few mil between the valve and the nozzles or somewhere in the middle of the T-compression fitting and the nozzles?

3 once the check valves are inserted into the 4mm hoses is there anything else needed to keep them in place? Or are they tight enough to stay in place under the pressure of the system spraying?

I don't know if any of this is even right? I am not very technically minded but I don't see any other way the check valves could be inserted into the system.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
Andrew
Old 22-08-2017, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Check Valves?

Check valve installed