waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2018, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Out of winterstorage: gauge is not showing spray bars

It's working again, but there was still another issue !

We first emptied the tank (holding it upside down).
Then we flushed/purged the system with distilled water (about 3,5 liters)
Then we emptied the tank again
Proceeded by billing up the tank with completely new meth (mixed with distilled water 50%).
I then connected the new FAV and use FAV dipswitch to SYS again.

Nothing, no flow.

We then disconnected the FAV 12V cable and used a 12V car battery. The system worked ! So we proved that the new FAV works and we have a wiring issue.

Then tried to read the signals of the two wires (it's actually 4, but 2 are paired) and noticed that the ground signal is not 0V, but 1-3 volts. The other cable (pair) showed the expected 12V. I guess there's a cable cut. We then took the little black block apart that connects to the FAV, feeding it power. We wired an additional ground wire from the solderied connection to the car as a ground.

We retested. It works !!!

So I kindly ask you to send me to send me the red FAV power wire somewhere it is broken.

The current setup works as a charm, so i could do several tests. It seems the new FAV also opens earlier and yields slightly more meth (6 bars instead of 5).It's a bit more responsive (it sprays earlier), i guess it has to do with the fact that the rubber inside this one is NOT swollen ! 6 bars sounds okay to me, we dyno it on saturday, i'm very anxious to see the power numbers again.

It's a patch and i don't want to keep this forever, so i do want to replace the original wiring.

Richard, i'll also send an e-mail.

Final update will be the actual power numbers.

greetings,
Jeroen

Last edited by dubversion; 10-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.