waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM

Default My Mitsubishi GTO TT.

Just a couple of pics of my install, will try to get some more up as I install the pre-turbo jets.

Setup consists of a Shurflow methanol compatible pump, 6x0.3mm port nozzles, a 1mm post rear turbo nozzle and a 0.9mm nozzle before the throttlebody.

Pump is activated by my Greddy Emanage, my boost-controller is active when AFR`s are at 11.5:1 or richer so a failure of the WI will result in the car dropping to wastegate pressure which is a safe part of my fuel/ ignition map. This works very well as it also accounts for the 1 to 2 second lag between the WI demand and the mixture actually entering the combustion chamber.

I`m running a mix of 75%methanol 25% water at the moment. I found a waste fluid tank designed for caravans fitted perfectly in the boot and it`s methanol compatible, it is vented outside the car to prevent me inhaling methanol fumes..

Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your contributions. Nice install - the rows of injectors look awesome.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Cheers Richard!, I`m looking for some 4mm OD stainless tubing to make the "rail" a bit neater but other than that it works very well.
Old 13-12-2007, 01:45 AM

Is that 8 nozzles I see? How hard is it to tune via the emanage?
Old 13-12-2007, 10:32 PM

Hello, yep there are 8 nozzles at the moment, adding another 2 (pre turbo nozzles) soon to see if I can get any gains that way.

Tuning with the e-manage is very easy, I have the e-manage set up using a MAP sensor on the TPS input so I can tune the airflow correction like a Speed Density system which makes it a lot easier than tuning for TPS..

The only problem I had was the 1 to 2 second delay time as the pump activates and the methanol gets round the engine to the combustion chambers, the 9b turbos spool very quickly so you can be seeing 15psi+ in a matter of seconds. I trim the fuel off in the emanage maps from 9psi to 11psi boost (which is leaned out to account for the extra methanol), my boost controller is only active when AFR`s are 11.5:1 or richer so the system waits for the methanol to affect AFR before allowing the car to boost into the methanol part of the fuel/ timing maps.

The e-manage tune is rock-solid, very happy with the repeatability and reliability of it.

I`ve been drooling over an E-manage Ultimate but spare money`s an issue and the Blue works pefectly well..
Old 14-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Since we?re talking about it anyway, how was the E-manage to setup? Is it worth whatever you paid for it? I am looking at several cars, and all of them can run the e-manage, but I am worried about tuning and the likes. I want to run WI, so everyone says your first mod should be a standalone. That?s a big financial hit considering I don?t want to do that many mods.
Old 14-12-2007, 09:27 PM

I got the Blue off a guy on the GTOUK forum for ?150 with injector and main harnesses. The Greddy pressure sensor is expensive with it`s loom but I wired the MAP sensor that I bought with my Wideband setup to the e-manage TPS input so it was basically free for me to upgrade to tune the car based on engine load rather than TPS position which in my opinion isn`t the best way to do it.

Depending on what car you`re going to fit the e-manage to the only hard thing is the wiring, it`s not difficult just make sure you get the right wires first time round. Boomslang do harnesses to fit a fair few cars so there`s no need to solder the cars loom but they`re expensive for a bit of wire and a couple of connectors..

Tuning the e-manage was not that hard, you`re basically altering the stock map in the cars ECU so you don`t have to start from scratch.

If you`re going to have a go at tuning yourself you need a good Wideband with datalogging, I use a Zeitronix ZT-2 had it for 5 years or more now and it`s never let me down yet.

I`ve found the e-mange to be one of the best buys for my GTO, I had a lean spot in the original fuel map which caused a low load stutter and lots of other GTO`s suffer from this but adding 10% more fuel in that region totally transformed how the car drives!. I can also trim or add igntion advance which is essential when you up the boost or add WI so you can take full advantage of it.