waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Avoiding Disaster

Old 24-06-2004, 02:33 AM

Chevyeater,
My power goals aren't quite as high as yours, and I have been trying to limit my input on these forums to WI or combining it with other systems. That said, you mentioned running racegas (expensive) and as the last poster mentioned, you really want to protect that engine. Have you considered using WI together with Propane Injection? Propane is safer than most people imagine. Hell cars run on it exclusively in many countries ... it is dirt cheap and has an Octane rating of around 110. It would give you extra power, detonation suppression even without WI (probably considerably more with it !!!) and it will definitely reach all cylinders easier.

If you go to General Effects and look at the post headed Water Injection, Cryo Intakes, Nitrous etc (or something like that !!!) myself and a couple of far more knowledgeable guys have been discussing the relative merits and problems of using hybrid systems.

You could come on over, crack open a beer, throw in your two cents and see what comes out. The discussions are really hotting up with some pretty interesting ideas going back and forth.

Thing is the post has been read a lot but not many people are contributing, probably because it seems like a private battle of wits and it was never meant to be like that. Just me trying to get a better idea of where WI really fits in to the big scheme of things, and it sounds to me as if you might be doing that as well.

Paul.
Old 20-07-2004, 11:13 PM

chevy eater....300bhp/l isnt hard at all and is not an unreasonable expectation and if the engine is built properly should be able to be done without WI. even if you want 300whp/l. i would say WI for a little extra security and performance for what you want. but if you start reaching for the 350 to 400whp/l youll need all the help you can get.
Old 14-07-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Venturi Induction for Water Injection

I am addressing the issue at www.aspenesco.com. Drop me a line if you have questions...