waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 17-02-2016, 10:57 AM

Default HFS-6 Jet Sizing

I recently purchased a "new" (never installed) HFS-6 system, and I'm calculating the jet sizes I'll need for my setup. In doing so, I discovered that the jet sizing graph and table in both the printed and online manual are significantly different than the jet sizing graph on aquamist-direct (and Howerton Engineering, etc.).

For example, the HFS-6 manual indicates that a 0.6mm nozzle flows 352 cc/min @160psi, whereas the aquamist-direct graph indicates a 0.6mm nozzle will flow ~260cc/min.

Is the HFS-6 manual just plain wrong? I tried searching for information on this, as surely it's come up since the system was introduced in 2009, but I came up empty-handed.
#206/1000
Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 Jet Sizing

The latest chart show the compensated flow rate in the worse case, taking account of system loss. I suggest performing a 1 minute flow test with the 0.6mm.

We have also done some internal modifications to improve atomisation. You will also notice the spray angle is slightly wider. There should be a reference code on the small label on the bag. Something like K05 etc.