waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 23-01-2011, 03:07 AM

Default HFS-6 installed on 07 STi

Here are some pictures of my installed HFS-6 meth kit on my 2007 STi. It took me longer than I thought to get everything installed the way I wanted, but the end result was definitely worth it.

I am very happy with this kit, I gained a considerable amount of power with it and I am pleased that this kit is known for its reliability and quality.

I would like to thank Richard for all of his help in answering all of of my questions and for supplying me with all the extra parts that I needed for my kit.

Here are some pictures, if you have any questions about anything , ask away.

One of the car
Old 24-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 installed on 07 STi

This is a nice install. The gauge sits nicely in the pod. Did you make the FCM bracket?

Tank arrangement is guaranteed from sloshing. Are you running 100% methanol?
Old 27-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
This is a nice install. The gauge sits nicely in the pod. Did you make the FCM bracket?

Tank arrangement is guaranteed from sloshing. Are you running 100% methanol?
Thanks!

Yes the FCM bracket was custom made. I have not had the car out on the road yet so I have not tested out the surge tank set up. However the smaller tank that is laying horizontally seems to be leaking from the cap, so I have to figure out a way to fix that. May try an epoxy for a permanent seal, but open to other options.

Yes I am running 100% meth. Do you think that since the car is sitting during winter that I should flush out the system with some windshield washer fluid so the methanol isn't sitting in there?

I can post the dyno, but the car was tuned on an extremely low reading dyno and my turbo died on me so my numbers are quite low.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are runnuign 100% methanol, we have some special fitting for that, let me arrange some for you.
Old 27-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
If you are runnuign 100% methanol, we have some special fitting for that, let me arrange some for you.
Thanks!

Let me know when you get them in and I can send you my info. Do you still recommend me to flush the system?

And do you have any recommendations as to the best way to seal my tank cap?
Old 30-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

- The new swivel fittings are sent, it will have a "M" stamped on the back wall of the body.

- No need to flush the system. Try the new fittings first.

- I suggest venting it to the outside. Flambeau do sell a cap with inbuilt one way valve, perhaps get one of those?
Old 31-01-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
- The new swivel fittings are sent, it will have a "M" stamped on the back wall of the body.

- No need to flush the system. Try the new fittings first.

- I suggest venting it to the outside. Flambeau do sell a cap with inbuilt one way valve, perhaps get one of those?
Thanks.

When you are suggesting the vented cap, are you referring to putting it on the main tank that stands vertically? That tank already has a vented cap and I also have a tube running from the tank to under the car to vent.

The smaller tank (the horizontal one) is the tank that I am try to keep from leaking. I put another rubber gasket in the cap to try to see if it will seal better, but time will tell.

I'm leaving epoxy to the last resort. Here is a picture of my full set up to refer to.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

We have tested this new fittng since September last year with 100% methanol, no sign of leaking.

You have a nice big garage to work on your car.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
We have tested this new fittng since September last year with 100% methanol, no sign of leaking.

You have a nice big garage to work on your car.
Yes, the fitting work great and I have seen no signs of leaking from them. The plastic cap on the otherhand does not want to seal. I have even filled the tank with water and kept it upside down over night, but it didn't leak then...

Thanks working in a heated garage really makes working on the car enjoyable.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 AM

Well I had water sitting in the tank and it wasn't leaking and so today I put methanol in the tank and tested it to see where it was leaking from. This time it was definitely leaking and it was coming from one of the swivel fittings that feeds the tank with methanol. I could tell that it wasn't coming through the rubber gaskets, but rather from the top of the swivel fitting near where you insert a hex to tighten the fitting to the tank.

Richard are these the type of fittings that you are sending me? If so I will make sure I replace the leaking one.

The arrow shows where it is leaking from: