waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 21-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default H6-Subaru Sti by Perrin - what? Flat six?

Old 14-04-2006, 07:56 PM

With the way that this system is plumbed how can the system detect if jet #2 for instance is clogged? Also where do i get the nozzles that have the push in orange lock type connectors as used in this install?
Old 14-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The system only have the basic failsafe such as loss of pressure, cut pipe and clogged nozzle (50%). But by using two flow sensors per 3-jet we have track any unbalance in flow and identify one of the branch has a clogged nozzle. But if one nozzle on each brach is clogged at the same time, we can't.

The system has 100um primary filter and immediately followed by 30um filter for each pump. Each jet (0.3mm) has it own internal 25um filter inbuilt.

Richard
Old 14-04-2006, 08:33 PM

well wouldn't it be best to install them all right after the Intercooler exit? That way if you are in it when racing and one fogger fails one cylinder won't go lean. All 6 cylinders will lose the flow equally with them installed in one group right? Is there a reason why you guys plumbed it this way? Where can i get those syle foggers? I must have and old design fogger. I have a little tip sticking out that you push the clear hose on like in the pic you posted above. Everytime i get into boost it blows off. I want the style you are using that lock the line in.
Old 14-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The port injection is not normally recommended for street use. We have to use port injection because we have put in high concentration of methanol and nitromethane, we can not rely on manifold injection especially the plenum is logged shaped - good for air but poor distribution for water droplets.

Before every race we check for blockage. It is a pain but if want consistant results, you need to do the work. Distilled water is a must.

There are two pre-turbo jet installed on this set up.

Could you send a picture of the fogger, you can email it to me at richard@aquamist.co.uk. I will be able to upload it for you.

Richard
Old 14-04-2006, 08:47 PM

you have the picture of the fogger i have. You posted a pic of it. I want the kind you have in your car that you posted above with the orange locks.
Old 14-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooldup
you have the picture of the fogger i have. You posted a pic of it. I want the kind you have in your car that you posted above with the orange locks.
Is the same nozzle you mentioned earlier kept blowing off everytime you are on boost?

Richard
Old 14-04-2006, 09:04 PM

yes the one that you have posted the small pic of is the one i have. Under boost i blow the line off. I want the kind you have on your race car pics. To me it looks like they have the orange tips on them that lock the line in place like on the pump itself.
Old 14-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Oh I see,

You are referring to the jet itself and not the hose? We can supply a brass jet adaptor so that the adaptor is loctited onto the ali manifold and the jet screws onto it.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:40 PM

No you see this pic here,

The black hose that you have here connects to the fogger how exactly? It looks like you are using a different type of fogger than i am using.