waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 30-11-2016, 11:37 AM

Unhappy HFS3 v3 massive issues

Hi there,
Installed v3 kit and faced to several issues. Been reading the forum to search for answers but haven't found any.
The problem appeared from the very beginning after installation. The system didn't seem to act as it was supposed to.
1. There was no reaction to on/off button
2. The pump would start after some time no matter what the position of the on/off button was
3. The low level light was always on, despite the fact that the tank was full and the level sensor was ok , I checked it. The led also didn't react to the position of on/off button, staying always on as I turned the ignition on
4. The green light in the controller was on , then flashing during idling and pedaling the gas, the amber and red lights on the controller seemed to appear as they were supposed to
5. There was no back lighting on the gauge, while the violet lead in the harness was positive
6. While testing the flow bar with sys jumper the bars never appeared while turning the sc knob. The purging of the system was ok , it reacted as it should during the controller testing
7. And now the most interesting part - with ignition on, no matter the on/off button position , while turning the sc knob on the gauge the magic appeared))) the white back lighting was on and off, the bars started to grow and move, the dimmer was on and off. It started to react to the on/off button in three far clockwise clicks of the sc knob. The low level light in some position went off.

I was rather puzzled with all this information and my tuner sent an email to the manufacturer. Since we haven't got no answer I decided to address my problem here.

PS. yesterday I rechecked all the wiring and did some tests as described in the manual. And finally - tattaamm))))) I pushed out the DHB link and had plenty of white smoke coming from the gauge.

And now I realize that may be the gauge itself was faulty, we shan't be able to know that no more. But the question stays - should I buy a new gauge or the whole kit , since there could be a faulty controller? Please give an advice and may be someone could explain what the problem was.
Thank you in advance and sorry for too much info and my poor English. Cheers!
Old 30-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS3 v3 massive issues

send a picture of current controller with all the cables plugged it.
Old 30-11-2016, 03:27 PM

Here you go. The trunk cable isn't plugged in since the motor started running
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161129_154044.jpg (157 Bytes, 40 views)
Old 30-11-2016, 03:34 PM

]Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-11-30 17.32.54.jpg (163.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 30-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

This system is 2.5 years old and you just installed it?

I would also like a picture of the underside of the circuit board. I like to see if there component damages. For this picture, I do need a good hi-resolution picture, in focus. Do you best.

From you initial description, it appeared the gauge and the ECU cable was swapped, it would cause massive damage to the controller and gauge.
Old 30-11-2016, 05:32 PM

The system was installed two years ago. I had a motorcycle accident followed by 4 surgeries, the car stood still since the engine was swapped three times. To be honest I drove it last week and yesterday to the dyno , for that reason I tried to understand and find out what was wrong with the installation since it was done when I was absent for the above mentioned reasons. After two long years it started to move)))
Where could I post you high resolution images cause it's not possible to do here , since there 's a limit. Could I do it via email mentioned on the website?
Do I get you right and there was a mistake that someone plugged the ecu cable into the gauge? I need your professional opinion because all the installation was made in the shop without my presence and the system didn't work from the very beginning as I was told.
Thank you for your prompt replies.
Ps. I never meant to somehow offend you or put the product''s quality under any doubt or argument. All I ask for is your opinion since you've got huge experience in servicing the WI system. From your replies I sensed a slight sight of doubt in my words. I don't need no warranty or whatsoever. I am heading to purchasing another kit from Aquamist and for this reason kindly ask for you help and assistance. Hope you get it right.
Old 30-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

From the description and previous experiences, it only pointed to one possibility, the gauge and the ECU harness is reversed.

There is a good chance I can repair the controller and dash gauge. We don't charge for repairs. Send the two items back to me. Regardless of warranty.

Russian post is pretty good on exporting and item.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:28 PM

Thank you very much for your concern and responsibility !
I appreciate your help , Richard!
I shall make photos tomorrow and post them to you. The gauge and controller will be send to you by post. Should I send them to the address that is mentioned in the contacts on your website? And I have to pay the core of the further delivery from you. How can I make it?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The address is on the online shop. Declare only $10 or I/you have to pay massive duty.
We use this service for Russia, it is very reasonable but slow:

http://alfaparcel.co.uk/