waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Cool Running Engineering (Orlando)

Old 05-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Default AQUAMIST HFS3/4 MAP CONTROLLED WMI

Hi Team,

So I was contacted recently by a customer who wanted to utilise water injection on his turbo diesel vehicle. Now although I always advocate for using IDC to control boost, I am also cognisant of the fact that this is not always possible. And this was one of those scenarios where IDC triggering was simply not an option.
Fortunately, both the Aquamist HFS3 and HFS4 water injection kits are capable of being controlled by manifold pressure signal, either by spicing into the vehicle map sensor signal wire or by utilising a stand alone map sensor, wired directly to the controller. I choose the latter on this occasion, as the engine is mechanically injected turbo diesel unit, meaning that there was no onboard map sensor.

I should noted at this point that although both the HFS3 and HFS4 units can operate on map signal, the HFS3 controller required a minor soldering modification to the controller circuit board to enable this function. Anyway, here is a link to a short video i did, testing flow control via a simulated map sensor signal. There's also a link to the new harness I made which integrates the external map sensor to the aquamist harness, for a quick a simple installation by the customer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClraPYLh...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClwsUXFB...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=