waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Competition Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Using Aquamist for brake cooling system!?

Hi guys, I just came across this forum, and though I might be able to pick someone's brains regarding a project I'm busy with.

It's got nothing to do with engines I'm afraid!

I'm trying to design a brake cooling system for a stage rally car, using watermist sprayed into an air duct in the front bumper. It's not a new idea, and there are complete systems on the market, but I want to do my own, and do it properly

My ECU is already monitoring/logging brake temps, and I have a spare switchable output, so my plan was to use the ECU to switch the water pump on/off when required based on brake temps and road speed.

So my question is really, what other components will I need?

Obviously a pump. Are there options here or are all the pumps the same?
Nozzles - the watermist needs to be as fine as poss. So which nozzles? And will this dictate pump type/pressure?
Will I need solenoid valves in the system or can I just switch the pump on/off? It doesn't really matter if it takes a fraction of a second to build up pressure, but I wouldn't want to be squirting (non atomised) water into the air duct for very long.

Last question, what sort of flow rate do these things get through? I would need to carry maximum enough water for 10minutes of spraying, 15 max (planning to use water bladders strategically placed about the car for weight distrubution)

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Tom