waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 16-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Fit Buddy

Default Re: Datsun 1600 HFS3-Help needed

Just tested it mate. The reading is 0.02 volts.
Old 20-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Fit Buddy

Hey Richard,

In following your instructions, I ran the (+) supply from the injector supply. In the pre crank position the LEDs in the control module no longer illuminate. In the post crank position the green LED flickers, increasing and decreasing as engine speed does. The water level light stayed illuminate in both pre and post crank position for about 5 mins then it went out. There is now no LEDs illuminated on the gauge in either pre or post crank position when the gauge is turned on or off.
I also re tested the voltage at pin 8 in both the pre and post crank position with the same results as before. As per the autronic wiring diagram, the source for the injector positive supply comes from the fuel pump relay. In the pre crank position, this circuit is energized for 5 seconds then cuts out as the engine isn't running. I test pin 8 voltage as so as the pre crank was selected and the reading was 12.81 volts until the circuit de-energized.
Old 20-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Now I can see the problem.

It appears after 5 seconds, the (+) of the fuel injector drops out hence the HFS-3 turns off. Reason being the system will not spray accidentally if there is not (+) supply to the fuel inejctors.

If there is a switch between the +12V to the fuel injectors (+), the system will work properly without the 5-second timing turning the system off. Is it possible for you to disable this timer?
Old 20-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Fit Buddy

The timer circuit is a safety feature of the ECU to stop the fuel pump in case on an accident. I'm sure you already know this though. To disable the timer the injectors power supply has to be re-routed as per the Autronic's alternate wiring diagram. It doesnt look like a difficult job. I'll tackle it later on in the week when I have a little more spare time.
Thanks again for your help mate.
Old 20-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I think it is a good idea to power up the fuel injector (+) with out powering up the fuel pump.
Old 21-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Fit Buddy

Ok mate. No probs. I should have that sorted by tomorrow evening. Is there anything you want me to check after I've made that change?
Old 21-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I think this is the only change you need to make.
Old 22-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Fit Buddy

G'day Richard.
I tried rewiring the injector supply. My attempt was unsuccessful as contrary to the alternate wiring diagram, the system cannot work that way. I have since returned the ECU wiring to its original configuration. Both (+) and (-) signal to the Aquamist control module are taken from the injector. With the (+) and (-) signal taken from the injector, the LEDs in the control module no longer illuminate in the pre-crank position.
I understand that once the fuel pump relay de-energises in the pre-crank position the unit senses no power and switches off. I don't understand though why, in the post crank position when the engine is running and power is being supplied to the unit, the gauge doesn't turn on as it did on the first few occasions.
Old 22-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

So far this is the only time I have encountered the fuel injectora re not powered up (only 5 seconds) at the pre-crank position.

We insisted on the system will only turn on when there is 12V present at the fuel injector. This will avoid any accidental/pre-mature spray when the engine is not running.

At the post crank postion, I suspect the same reason, if the engine is not running, the ECU switches off the (+) supply to fuel pump and injectors.
Old 24-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Fit Buddy

Cheers Richard. All other things aside though, I still dont understand why when the car is running and power is being supplied to everything, the unit still doesnt function.