waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 25-09-2005, 08:19 AM

Default SubaruForester MY00 S Turbo (2d Install)- injector wiring?

I need some assistance with the connection of the red and green wires that connect the MF2 box to the injector pulse.

I'll list what I've done so far and then the problem. Without a definitely-correct ECu pin-out drawing for the forester, I tried to establish which pins fired the fuel injectors by measuring continuity. On the one plug I established that a Blue, Pink,Yellow & Brown wire each appear to pulse one particular injector. This ties up well with the fact that in an 2.0l turbo ECU diagram taken from ravensblade-impreza's site these pins are shown as 103,105,107,108 respectively firing injectors 4,3,2&1 respectivley. (The diagram is not a perfect fit for my car as the wire colours are not the same as shown on the ravensblade drawing) On the ravensblade diagram pin out 101 that sits in the same row as pins 103,105 & 107 is shown as the injector ground. On my car this pin has a black wire which makes sense as a ground.

I proceeded to connect the fused red wire (+) from the MF2 onto the Yellow wire (I could have connected it as easily to the pink, brown or blue, Yellow was the corner pin, hence my choice) Then I connected the green (-) to the pin 101 (injector ground) which is in the same row other corner.

When switching on the car the MF2 does not appear to behave in a sensible fashion. (Not that the instructions that come with the 2d system tell you what the lights are supposed to do!) Basically the Fuel injection light(yellow) stays brightly lit and does not pulse. The red water injection light pulses all the time even when idling. The blocked jet warning diode also pulses faintly. When driving he car for a short distance power is not there. (note: the waterspray jet is pointed at my windscreen till I know that everything is working, then I'll fit it to the IC) I the pulled the fuse from the red wire from the MF2, car went back to normal. I suspect that I have erred in the sonnections I have made.

Any ideas out there? I suspect that the cryptic message on the one a4 wiring diagram for the MF2 about conecting the red wire to a non-switched side of the injector line may have something to do with it. I cannot fathom what this instruction means. It then says the green wire should be connected to the switched side. Can someone help?

ps. My car is a South African Forester VIN No. : JF2 SF5 KD3 YG043865 Engine type: EJ205NW XKE.
Ravensblade-impreza wiring diagram that I referred to is http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...agnosisegi.pdf
Old 25-09-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: SubaruForester MY00 S Turbo (2d Install)- injector wirin

On my car the injectors have two wires. One has a constant 12v supply, the ECU earths the other to open the injector. I get the impression that this arrangement is conventional although I guess in principle the ECU could just as easily switch the 12v side. From what you've said the WI controller needs to be connected to both sides of the injector. Also, some injector drivers use an external ballast resister in which case you would need to determine which side of this the WI circuit should be connected.
Old 25-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Tracing the correct wire from the ECu could be complicated without a correct wiring diagram.

It appears that you have tapped the red wire to a pulsed terminal rather a permamant +12V.

To simplifier things a little. Disconnect the red wire (FIA2) from the existing terminal and re-connect the it to a known switch +12V source. Connect the FIA2's green wire to the place where you previously connnect the red wire to.

Let me know the result.