waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 17-06-2010, 06:55 AM

Default Guidence with WI setup idea.

So to start. This setup is for my Honda which is now a road race car. There is no daily driving done. At this point all driving will be limited to 20 minutes or so. Not much longer.

About the car.
Honda ITR Japanese motor 2.0L IL4
11:5:1 CR
Boosted with JRSC running 6.5psi
Max RPMs 8800
Fully tunable ECU (K-Pro) Fuel, timing advance/retard, No2 etc
750cc RC injectors

So my idea is to run POST supercharger. Direct injection into the cylinders. I found a thread here to calculate my "flow rate". http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ting+flow+rate
(Which i don't understand, that's ok I'll get it sooner or later).

i have 4x 750cc injectors = 3000cc/min max flow

lets say i have a max of 80% duty cycle on the injectors
80% of 3000 = 2400cc/min

15% of 2400 = 360cc/min

looking on the above flow chart id need 2x 0.4 jets (350cc) or 2x 0.5 jets (440cc)

My idea is to have 4 nozzles, one below each injector in the supercharger manifold for even distribution. This means I need to take my max flow and divide it into 4 nozzles.
I am going to have to get a spare manifold and tap it, no biggie. Making sure this works and that I have enough flowing and the pump will handle it are among my concerns.

So, will my idea work?
Will the Aquamist pump provide enough pressure/water flow.
Which system should I purchase? HFS3 HFS6?
Should I have an accumulator in front of it? How big?

You guys have huge brains with this stuff. My brain small, I need help understanding. I want to avoid pre-charger injection. Though I understand that most water droplets with be evaporated, I just don't want to go there. As I have read through this site I was under the impression that direct injection yielded more of a cooling effect as well as power increase.
Ha Ha, I could be wrong though.

Thanks, Christian

Christian
Old 21-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Guidence with WI setup idea.

Four four nozzles, you need to sum the individual flow rate of each nozzle. I think you need 4x 0.3mm nozzle (our smallest)

If oyu pump can deliver 360cc.min, the system will work but oyu myst fit a check vaklve to stop th ewater being suphined into the enigne during high vacuum. conditions.

Richard