waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 08-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Default Is Aquamist right for my setup?

I have a 2005 Mustang GT with a 2.3L Saleen PD (Twinscrew) blower.
I have been researching water methanol systems for quite a while now which has led me here.

From everything I have read here most Aquamist systems are designed for MAP based Direct Injection cars.
My mustang doesn't have a MAP sensor and has sequential multi point fuel injection.

I am looking for a system that will give me the best possible control so from my research a system which will be able to provide a 2D map would be ideal.
Other manufacturers have Boost/MAP or Boost/injector pulse width based 2D systems.
This way if there is no boost due to a sticking bypass valve or broken blower belt there will be no injection.

I like the fact that Aquamist uses a PWM solenoid to inject water/methanol rather than a variable volume pump so I hope there is a system that will work for my application.

Last edited by Thump_rrr; 08-03-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Is Aquamist right for my setup?

Our systems read fuel injection signal, not MAP based. Link me to those sites that you read from. All our competitors are MAP sensor based. I think you have got it completely opposite.

You are correct on only Aquamist uses a PWM valve top control flow instead of varying the pump speed.

The HFS3 is the correct system for your car.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Our systems read fuel injection signal, not MAP based. Link me to those sites that you read from. All our competitors are MAP sensor based. I think you have got it completely opposite.

You are correct on only Aquamist uses a PWM valve top control flow instead of varying the pump speed.

The HFS3 is the correct system for your car.
AEM
"The Multi-Input controller works with an external 0-5v voltage-based external MAP sensor, a frequency based input for Injector Duty Cycle (IDC), frequency-based mass airflow (MAF), or a 0-5v voltage-based MAF"
http://www.aemelectronics.com/produc...ap-0-5v-or-idc

AIS
"•Built in selector switch allows users to select between 0-5 volt FORD or GM, Mitsubishi and Chrysler frequency type mass air meters
•Controller reads the mass air data to precisely control the water methanol injection"
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...roducts_id=264

DevilsOwn
" The DevilsOwn Progressive Controller injects water/methanol according to 0-5 Volt sensor signal. DevilsOwn sensor of choice would be a MAP sensor, though MAF, EGT, TPS, and some O2 sensors can be used if they are 0-5 Volt."
http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/...02%20vers1.pdf

Snow Performance
Stage 2
"The Stage 2 MAF/MAP kit is designed for all naturally aspirated vehicles utilizing a frequency based/voltage based Mass Air Flow (MAF) / Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor. This progressive controller will deliver precise amounts of water-methanol during specified injection points and is fully adjustable for all rpm ranges of the engine."
http://www.snowperformance.net/product-p/212.htm

Stage 3
"The Stage 3 creates a 2D MAP based off of boost/fuel injector pulse width to progressively command 2 Hyper-Sonic™ Nozzles independently of one another. This 2D MAP injection results in the most accurate injection curve and tune ability of any water-methanol system. Tie this in with fully terminated weather tight OEM harnessed wiring connections and the Stage 3 is the easiest and most advanced water-methanol system to install on your EFI/boosted vehicle."
http://www.snowperformance.net/Produ...roductCode=310

As you can see there are other brands that can do 0-5V MAF, Frequency based MAF, Injector Duty Cycle, and even a combination of IDC/boost.

Different systems have different merits and since I am putting close to $15,000 in an engine I am attempting to evaluate my different option based on their merits.

So far your system seems to be the most advanced due to the PWM of the pump but is it able to deliver at the right time?

My greatest fear is spraying meth into the engine when it isn't in boost such as when a blower belt breaks.
The Snow Performance stage 3 kit can be programmed to only begin spraying when a pre determined amount of boost is achieved and control the amount of injection based on injector duty cycle.

Can your system be setup to do the same?

I will be using the J&S Safeguard Knock Control as a second safeguard to prevent engine knock in the event of a failure to deliver water/methanol.

Last edited by Thump_rrr; 08-03-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The Snow and AEM system cannot read "direct injection signals". They are all pump speed systems.

We PWM a fast acting valve and not the pump. PWM the pump is too slow and not accurate.

The aquamist system starts to spray based on fuel duty cycle or boost . Do read this so you can get to know our system better.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are want more functions and compare systems, read this.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

And this:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2733
Old 09-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump_rrr View Post
My greatest fear is spraying meth into the engine when it isn't in boost such as when a blower belt breaks.

I will be using the J&S Safeguard Knock Control as a second safeguard to prevent engine knock in the event of a failure to deliver water/methanol.
Even if the belt breaks, it will not be dangerous. It will not cause your motor to hydro lock or bending rods.

However full boost while not spraying can be deadly to your engine. You or your tuner will have to make sure you have the fail safes properly adjusted to prevent any engine damage.