waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 16-03-2011, 10:10 AM

Default 08 Raptor HYBRID supercharged ford 4.0ltr 6 needing water injection

Hi everyone, i've had a bit of a look through this forum. Wondering if anyone can help me.
I've got a 6cyl falcon with a test unit Raptor Hybrid and am unable to fit an intercooler due to intake size pipes and unit location. So water or water/meth is the way to go.
I'm also living in the tropics where we have either very very dry cool air for a number of months or very humid/wet environment for the rest.

The car made (between 7psi to 12 psi boost at full noise limited by the following) 227KW at wheels @185km/h with the speed limiter still on at 4000RPM. That was with a 73mm pulley and a very rudimentary tune as nobody knows how to tune the Australian falcons in Darwin correctly.

The vehicle now has a 70mm pulley and makes less power due to intake temps. It's got no timing put into it at all and is pretty boring really.

I've got a 67mm pulley getting machined up by the supercharger manufacturer as we speak, and I have an apparently 'really good' tuner that is being flown up from interstate (by a mate, for his car) that I will be able to use for my tuning. Though he isn't keen on W/M injection. Hence the reason for the even smaller pulley.

I'm keen on buying the aquamist HFS-6 system, but I need to know first,
IF:
It will be able to take the timing out of my tune if water runs out/pump dies/hose clamp faulty etc, so the engine wont self destruct.

There is provision for two warning systems, I would ideally like a graph/led chart disply for water level OR a light that comes on when the tank is half full and a really annoying buzzer that comes on when the tank is at 1/4.

Whether the kit will be able to activate my BOVto release boost if need be due to my boost levels rising as the pulley size decreases?

How much lag there is between throttle actuation (readedal to floor) and water injection ?

What is the life expectency of the pump ? How susceptible to heat are they ?

What temperatures can I expect running this system with my application in typical weather between 30deg'C to 40deg'C outside airtemps ? Or is that question not applicable because it depends on intake temps due to blower friction etc ?

Are all three jets used at once ? or are they intermittent ?

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic. As i'm not getting the answers I need before buying this system.

thanks muchly !
Old 27-03-2011, 05:52 AM

Default Re: 08 Raptor HYBRID supercharged ford 4.0ltr 6 needing water injection

So I bought the HFS - 6...still nobody got any thoughts ?
Old 28-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: 08 Raptor HYBRID supercharged ford 4.0ltr 6 needing water injection

Mty answers in Blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneletra View Post
Hi everyone, i've had a bit of a look through this forum. Wondering if anyone can help me.
I've got a 6cyl falcon with a test unit Raptor Hybrid and am unable to fit an intercooler due to intake size pipes and unit location. So water or water/meth is the way to go.
I'm also living in the tropics where we have either very very dry cool air for a number of months or very humid/wet environment for the rest.

The car made (between 7psi to 12 psi boost at full noise limited by the following) 227KW at wheels @185km/h with the speed limiter still on at 4000RPM. That was with a 73mm pulley and a very rudimentary tune as nobody knows how to tune the Australian falcons in Darwin correctly.

The vehicle now has a 70mm pulley and makes less power due to intake temps. It's got no timing put into it at all and is pretty boring really.

I've got a 67mm pulley getting machined up by the supercharger manufacturer as we speak, and I have an apparently 'really good' tuner that is being flown up from interstate (by a mate, for his car) that I will be able to use for my tuning. Though he isn't keen on W/M injection. Hence the reason for the even smaller pulley.

I'm keen on buying the aquamist HFS-6 system, but I need to know first,
IF:
It will be able to take the timing out of my tune if water runs out/pump dies/hose clamp faulty etc, so the engine wont self destruct.

There is provision for two warning systems, I would ideally like a graph/led chart disply for water level OR a light that comes on when the tank is half full and a really annoying buzzer that comes on when the tank is at 1/4.

Whether the kit will be able to activate my BOVto release boost if need be due to my boost levels rising as the pulley size decreases?

We do not have an advance warning tank sensor but the HFS-6 will detect loss of flow in real time. If you have an existing electro-mechanical BOV that can vent enough to drop boost, the HFS-6 can active it via one of the failsafe output.

How much lag there is between throttle actuation (readedal to floor) and water injection ?

Currently about 4-5mS when the set activation point is reached.

What is the life expectency of the pump ? How susceptible to heat are they?

I think they are good for a few years, aquatec of USA can help youi withj this, we just buy from them. Keep it below 45C or you will risk auto-shut off at ~80C (internal thermal switch)

What temperatures can I expect running this system with my application in typical weather between 30deg'C to 40deg'C outside airtemps ? Or is that question not applicable because it depends on intake temps due to blower friction etc ?

Three points:
1. Before blower, most of the cooling power ias absorbed by the SC due to friction.
2. Placing a jet after the blower will achieve better induction cooling.
3. For better induction cooling, use higher percentage of methanol

Overall induction cooling, you should see a reductin of 20-40C, depending on volume and W/M mix ratio.

Are all three jets used at once ? or are they intermittent ?

The HFS-6 system will only need to inject from mid to high load. But you can set the system to start from as low as 12% Fuel IDC. All three jet start at the same point.

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic. As i'm not getting the answers I need before buying this system.

Sorry for the late reply
thanks muchly !