waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2013, 07:02 PM

Default Issues with 2011 Speed 3 control.

Hello Aquamist,

I have a 2011 speed 3 in our shop and we have completed an HFS-4 install. We are using the d/i inputs for injector signal and the system manually tests okay.
The issues we are running into are that the system will not progressively ramp up pump operation linear with IDC. I cannot get it to start consistently and as soon as the system starts it quickly increases pump flow to 100% (according to flow guage, with guage adjusted to jet). I have to lower the threshold to about 10:00 to get the system to operate at all. I have cut the 1.0 jumper and soldered a link on 2.5 (per Jeff Howertons advice) and it changed the IDC reading but did not resolve the late start up quick ramp up issue.
I have tried adjusting the gain and the p/ir (set to IDC only) dials with no change. I have also reversed the d/i wires with the same results.
I did notice that your instructions for the 08 speed 3 used the standard injector reference rather than the d/i for IDC signal. Is that where I have gone wrong? I have yet to find a direct reference to an install on a 2011 or newer speed.

Thanks for any input,I'll post up results when we get this sorted and I'm done on the dyno. The speed made 412WHP on pump gas before the meth,so I'm excited to see where we end up.

Thanks,
Nick