waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2016, 02:18 PM

Default Timed Duty : Direct Port Injection

I am considering the Direct Port injection on the next setup build although during some research this came to my mind and I just could not stop thinking......

Pre-throttle body Injection :

As soon as target boost value is achieved the pump progressively switches on and pressurize the check valves. Above the check valve pressure value the nozzles begin to mist the mixture progressively.

The plenum delivers the mixture to the cylinders accordingly until throttle is closed

Direct-Port Injection :

Repeat : As soon as target boost value is achieved the pump progressively switches on and pressurize the check valves. Above the check valve pressure value the nozzles begin to mist the mixture progressively.

All Four nozzles (in case 4cyl) begin misting the mixture into the port simultaneously until I say --- WHAT! the hell am I doing????

We all know that fuel injection happens in TIME and DUTY. Injecting all injectors at once will actually inject ALL THE TIME at different duty at a closed valve while the cylinders could be doing three different stokes rather than the intake cycle!

The only way to properly design direct port injection is to have a timed-duty setup that injects the mixture in time of that intake event on that particular cylinder at different duty cycles. This could be done by the use of fast acting relays and line pressure always ready to inject.

Would be more worth using a pump and injectors rated safe for methanol and connect them directly to ecu ?