waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 08-05-2006, 10:04 PM

Nitro mix below 2% of overall fuel will not do much. A 0.5 jet is really tiny. When i ran mine i was using a 1x 1.0 GPH and 1 x 3.0 GPH jet. Nitro really messes up the stoich value of the fuel so keep an eye on egt and lambda. I cant see why you would add water. It wont mix with nitro at all. If anything add methanol with a bigger jet. What car / engine you running

Scott
Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 PM

thanks for reply. I have same opinion that 0.5mm nozzle is just too small even for pure nitro. Im little bit affraid about experiments with raising nitro delivery, so probably will using system just for water injection....
Im running Nissan 200sx, ca18det engine with T3 turbo and about 300hp at flywheel...
Old 03-12-2006, 09:31 PM

any more progress in this
Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 PM

bump
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM

sorry, I was litlle bit out....
I stopped trying nitromethane becouse I found red colored water inside of pump. It was red from rust probably. I never know before how much is this agressive, but it can eat metal can in few weeks....
Anyway, pump is running fine, but only with common water mixtures.

And another reason was that I added second nozzle prior turbo, dont want to flow nitromethane through it... :?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Oh. i was thinking of picking up the trial. What differances did you have to make to the tune.

Scott
Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 PM

Sorry, I dont understand what exactly you mean.
Old 15-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Hey guys, I just got a WI kit for my car and have been doing a lot of research of blends. Searching on google brought me to SRTForums.com which lead me here. I read this thread with much interest. I see there are a few people running R/C fuel for the nitromethane content but with the horror stories of the added oils gumming up the system, I really didn't want to do that. Based on the info in this thread I really wanted to give NM a try so I've been doing a little research on the web and have found a company that custom blends R/C fuels. I sent them an email to see if they would be willing to blend a fuel without oils or additives and got a promising reply:

Quote:
It is possible to mix NM with MA without any oils and additives.
Nitro Methane is mixed with methanol 80%MA + 20% NM then they will ship in quart bottles and the shipping would be UPS ground.
The price for 20%Nitro Methane,80%Methanol in a mix form is $24.43/gallon+ UPS ground freight.
Minimum order quantity is 1 gallon (4 quarts)
You can get better prices for your volume orders. There are also other price breaks on the order of 16qts,
20 qts.,12 gal.,24 gal., or 64 gallons.
You can always adjust your blend when you reorder according to your desire. Customer satisfaction is what we give value to. Let me know if you have more questions. Thank you.

Serpil (Sera) & John Wilson, Ali Oklay Sales Mgrs.
FHS Supply, Inc.
PO Box 9
Clover, SC 29710-0009
(800) 742-8484 toll-free
(803) 222-7488 tel
(803) 222-7285 24 hr fax
email: FHSoil@aol.com
web: http://members.aol.com/FHSoil
From what I've read on the net FHS is a highly reputable company (although you couldn't tell by their website design. lol) With the 80/20 blend you could just do equal parts water and fuel and get the perfect 50/40/10 blend as discussed earlier in this thread. Seems to be a great price (especially when compared to the $30/8oz NitroBoost Snow Performance sells!). Just thought I would pass on the info for other people... hopefully this isn't against the forum rules. I don't have any connection with FHS... and had never even heard of them until Saturday so I'm not trying to advertise or anything.
Old 23-12-2008, 01:02 AM

I`ve recently switched over to E85 for my main fuel and this means my methanol injection setup is now redundant for what I originally used it for (knock suppression).

I have a set of 6 0.3mm jets in port injection location so I`m going to do a little experimenting with some RC fuel, I also have some 0.8`s and 1.0`s to play with.

Due to the nature of nitromethane and the world wide shortage all I can get my hands on is a gallon bottle of 33% nitro RC fuel for testing (reading here I need near pure nitromethane for the best results?).

All my testing will be done at 1/4 mile events, I see trap speed as the best measure of how well my car produces power. Currently I trap 115mph.

Each event I`ll dial the car in first on straight E85 and get some consistant runs in, then inject nitro at differing amounts and see how my trap is affected.

Should have some results by mid 2009.

Just bought a new clutch so fitting that`s the first job on the cards..

Also if anyone knows a supplier in the UK for pure nitro I`m all ears .
Old 23-12-2008, 12:20 PM

In RC condition is used ratio of 15-20% of nitromethane to fuel (methanol in this case) for power add. You should use similar ratio, so injection of just 30%nitrmethane mixture should be not enough to notice power gain....Use pure nitromethanol and tune flow to about 15-20% to fuel flow....Just note that neitromethane is realy agressive thing what eat metal, be aware of your pump.