waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 12-03-2017, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

Hi all,

Another attempt which was disappointing. We are still running the same nozzles I mentioned earlier (ordered from Rallisport direct in US under part AQU 806 301) apparently they said it is 0.4mm (the old nozzles before they changed to A,B and C range in 0.4mm nozzles).

We have soldered the back of the circuit board to flow map 3.

Once we hit full boost it can't hold flow. we tried 5-6 times adjusting SC and gain (turned failsafe off for testing).

I have a short video and will try upload shortly.

So clearly I need larger nozzles and I only want to stay with the 4 nozzles not add a 5th.

Should I go for 0.5mm or 0.6MM is the question?

I am running about 86% IDC now on 1,000cc inj and about 28psi boost.

By my calculation it does put me into 0.5mm nozzles but want to make sure I do it right and hear from you guys what you would choose.

Rob

on 98octane (Singapore) fuel it is hitting 415whp on a mainline heartbreaker (about 530hp). stock evo X gets 220whp on this dyno.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

You have ordered the wrong jets for DP application. They should be checkvalved. You are experiencing surges.

This problem cannot be solved as long as the non-checkvalve jets are used.

The engine vacuum empties all the fluids in the lines on the finish stages of every injection event. The system has to expel all the air on the next injection commencement hence causing the surge on the gauge.

Did you seek advice before going Direct port?
Old 13-03-2017, 10:20 AM

Am now on the right track (thanks to Richard).

Hopefully the new parts will be shipped to me within a week and then we tune one week later with results to share.

Decided to go with 0.5MM x 4 for direct port and 1 additional 0.7mm jet post IC to cool IAT.

I'm now wondering how quickly this setup will drain my 6.5ltr tank at the track ha!

Rob
Old 13-03-2017, 12:29 PM

on track, FAST.

BTW, I did not use valves jets, but normal ones. Still good you got the check valves ones.
That saves the effort of compensating any initial delay.

The initial period was covered by extending the acceleration fueling duration for a fraction of a second. The AFR data logs allowed to see this tiny delay as did the knock gauge of the knock control system. With the right settings, no knock was detected independent on how fast you depressed the throttle. I used the WI extensively on track.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:16 AM

All,

Got back on the dyno yday and impressed with the results!

I did another base run which was 390whp on this dyno, after tuning the direct port with 0.5MM nozzles (and no 5th nozzle) I managed 433whp with zero boost changes (only AFR and Timing).

Not bad if you ask me.

Made a total max gain of 45whp and 4kg of torque but at peak power (8,000rpm) made 43whp gain and 2kg torque.

We noticed only about 0.5 AFR drop when we initially started spraying meth, I believe 0.6MM nozzles could have been used and we would have seen richer drop in AFR (or adding a 5th nozzle) but end of the day, we leaned it out to 12.1 AFR (true AFR of 12.6) and the car was in a sweet spot!! We must have put 20+ runs on it and every one was perfect, zero counts of knock and VERY healthy smooth runs (using det cans of course).

Added about 3-4 degree of timing and done (this is my track setup, don't want to go too crazy).

Will send post dyno graph soon.

One thing I also noticed, with the jets out of manifold, I tested and set SC to 6 bars on graph, but when in the manifold it would only show 4 bars. Should I adjust the SC one notch to the right or leave it?

Rob
Old 01-04-2017, 02:37 PM

I'd increase pump pressure if possible to restore flow. At 2 bars of boost, you lose 2 bar of the pressure differential driving the mix flow. Going from say 7 bar down to 5 bar will drop the flow rate by about 20%!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:02 PM

Here is the dyno graph to show the gains.

--> for reference, on this same dyno we made 220whp when the EVO X was stock..

I'm not done tuning, soon we will put it back on and turn WGDC up to hold boost to redline (currently it's 1.85bar going down to 1.55bar), also will do a silly tune for some fun runs (2.2bar boost)

and a very short vid to show the sort of spray this kit delivers with 4 x 0.5mm jets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNO2a89iew

Rob

Last edited by robos4; 12-04-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Just got back from my track day (Sepang F1 track in Malaysia).

Absolutely smashed my PB time, fastest track time out of over 100 cars on the day (and fastest of 2016 also). Car is a total beast now and was consistent along with zero knocks (used to see the occasional knock even with toluene additives). Track temp is 60 deg Celsius here, it's a great test and it passed with flying colours.

Really really happy with this new setup.

Video of my lap:

http://youtu.be/7RvQH83zHgo

Rob
Old 17-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Congratulations!

Nice bit of driving. 60 deg.C track temperature!!! Wow.
Old 17-04-2017, 05:02 PM

How much mix did you use per lap or per session?