waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 27-03-2016, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Questions on my direct port meth setup

I'd second that. The fuel injectors are a good guide.
Spraying at an angle might give you a better distribution across the cross section of the runner.
I'd position them right behind the fuel injectors above that vertical pipe. So well above the red dots.
I'd avoid that the spray has to take any bends.
Instead of using only 50% of spray, I'd rather choose smaller jets. Droplets are the smallest near max flow.
Old 27-03-2016, 10:12 AM

Thanks,

I'm running 0.4mm nozzles, isn't 0.3mm the smallest?

I still would have thought being further back in the ports the better regardless of bends, it's moving pretty quickly with 30psi on this sized turbo no?

Cheers
Old 27-03-2016, 11:19 AM

The 'quickly' is the issue. Taking the bends generates enormous g-forces throwing the droplets against the runner wall. While the methanol will still evaporate passing the valves and within the chamber, the water will do much less so as a stream of water running along the runner's floor. This is a other reason the fuel injectors are close to the intake port in the straight section. They point right at the valves in the direction of the air flow. This minimizes fluid separation.
Old 27-03-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robos4 View Post
Cheers,

No offense - always good to hear other opinions and it's the Internet after all did not know you were so educated in all this (my bad).

Just told workshop to follow your recommendations.

Hoping to have it all done by Fri and hopefully start tuning.

I was thinking of setting the spray to start about 30 to max 50% of what could be sprayed (not looking for huge power).

If you disagree, let me know.

Rob

Ps. Will absolutely share results and findings.. Who knows, part of me thinks it won't work (cause less power, can't find the right mix of spray v timing and fuel, meth sucking the lines causing rich spot after lift off, too larger jets etc)
Testing, patience and time is your friend from now on.

I spent countless days finetuning myself water injection vs different mixtures. Surely it's not a one time pass but don't give up trying to achieve your goals and sometimes when taking risks is where the power is achieved.

GoodLuck!
Old 31-03-2016, 12:24 PM

Hey guys,

Urgently need some advice.

We went to wire up the fail safe using Tephra alt maps which says to wire up the white wire to either pin 112 or 115 in the ECU, funny thing is - there is NO PINS on either 112 or 115..

Does anyone know what options I have here?

I have emailed Tephra to see what he suggests. We were thinking of putting a pin in 112 and see if ECU picks it up.

Thanks
Rob
ps. My EVO X is an RS model from Japan - not sure if that is why..
Old 02-04-2016, 12:49 AM

Unfortunately we couldn't get it tuned yday

Found a leak in exhaust so need to fix that obviously.

We have 1 week now - Went to order the 0.3mm jet nozzle but it's not available anymore on Aquamist site, they only have 3 options @ 0.4mm A, B or C.

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The 0.4mm "A" is the nearest replacement of the 0.3mm jet.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:27 AM

Thanks Richard!

Here was the current 0.4mm but I don't know if they are A, B or C lol.

Looks like a lot of flow for 50% spray (water only):

http://s862.photobucket.com/user/rob...woivk.mp4.html
Old 17-02-2017, 02:52 AM

Hey All,

Sorry have been slow to update.

Just had a session on the dyno, we finally got the fail safe to work (and it works really well)...

We are facing an issue with V2 Tephra map causing my ecu to brick when flashing the ecu (apparently I need V3 but need looping via TPS as I don't have cruise control lol).

We did however attempt to get a few passes on the dyno but were limited due to flow. After speaking with Richard (top bloke) we are soldering the rear of the chip board to increase flow from 1,000cc to 2,500cc flow map (should have read the manual properly lol).

We did see almost 1 point richer from the runs but the bar graph on the aquamist gauge would only hold 1-2 bars of flow.. (at one bar it kicked into fail safe which was good to see).

Once am back from my travels and so long as Tephra gets us that V3 we are back in business and will update all..

pics of the setup (the machine shop said they couldn't drill where I wanted and had to go closer to the cylinder entrance :

Parmas - I won't give up haha not until I get it working hehe.

Also I missed a comment from earlier - the stock evo x intake manifold I was referring to causing one cylinder to often get less flow ths causing lightly leaner (and when you tune aggressive it causes issues), so I'm told form my engine builder it's common for the stock manifold. do u agree?
Old 19-02-2017, 06:18 PM

Less flow would let it run richer. It is more common with side fed manifolds that have a uniform cross section that the first cylinder closest to the inlet runs leaner as it gets more air. Airspeed drops for the others decreasing flow. The more boost you run the worst it gets. Dedicated FI manifolds gradually narrow down in direction of the last cylinder to maintain airspeed despite the cylinders ahead already getting air. An other way is a primary tapered plenum feeding a secondary plenum chamber through a full length slit. This feeds all cylinders equally.
The jet position looks ok. Closer to head seems difficult the achieve as there is no space.

Just run a 50:50 mix to start with. It will be amazing.