waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 19-04-2008, 11:17 PM

Default Maestro T16 Rover .... jet and methanol questions.

Hi to all - my first post on the new forum. :razz:

I'm running a T16 Rover turbo engine in my Maestro with Emerald K3 software. I have a 3-way map and the 1s system is set to only come on at the high boost (15.4psi), measured at 281bhp / 302lbft.

Dave Walker at Emerald was wary about mapping this high setting with WI, so it's mapped without this and the WI is just switched on for relatively hot days at the loss of about 3bhp but inlet charge cooled at a drop of about 14 deg cent. Power is not a problem as the car is really too light for this setting to be used on anywhere but a dry and well surfaced track.

Currently using 20-25% methanol, rest H2O with a 0.5mm jet.

What would be the plusses and minuses of using a bigger jet and/or changing the meth/water ratios?
Old 21-04-2008, 11:19 PM

A bigger jet may cause the car to bog if you keep the same mix, more methanol would cure this but then you`d run richer as it acts as a fuel so the power may drop off.

To be honest it sounds like you`ve got the best setup at the moment. If the man that maps your car isn`t prepared to exploit the benifits of WI when it`s being mapped then there`s not much you can do about that.

The power really comes from leaning out the mixture and advancing the igntion past what would normally be possible on straight petrol. At the moment you`ve got WI as a safeguard against knock on an already safe tune.
Old 23-04-2008, 08:14 AM

Thanks Keith. The system is used only as a safeguard and the mixture is really just to avoid the reservoir and/or pump freezing over during the winter.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:30 AM

Seems fine then, maybe 30% meth mix when it`s freezing cold outside?. I run a 75%meth mix (1.2l/min) but I`ve tuned it from the ground up with the WI active due to knock issues limiting power on straight petrol.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 AM

Thanks Keith, I'll run a slightly 'more meth' mix as an experiment.