waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Default Volvo V70 D5 (163) remapped to 200+

Hi

I've just heard WI can be used on diesel engines.

What would be the benefits of fitting WI to my RICA remapped D5 and running water and methanol?

Where would I fit the nozzle and what size would you recommend?

Many thanks

Redbrick
Old 22-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Volvo V70 D5 (163) remapped to 200+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrick
Hi

What would be the benefits of fitting WI to my RICA remapped D5 and running water and methanol?

Many thanks

Redbrick
That's what I would like to know as well, just bought a V70 2.4d, tuned to 200 HP AND I have an aquamist 1S system that I managed to salvage from my totalled V40 T4 :-(

I would like to put that to good use as well.

So anyone? Richard maybe :-)

Furthermore, what would be the optimal methanol/water mixture for diesel?

Thanks,

janis
Old 14-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Water injection on diesel is effective on controlling excessive exhaust gas temperature. In most case, it is not needed untill extra fuel is added to boost power.

On the older type of diesel engine with mechanical injection, upping the boost pressure will not yield more power because the fuel flow remains the same. But on the modern diesel enigne, all sensors are intergrated so when boost is increased, flow enrichment is automatic. In those application, water injection is more useful to keep the engine cool and knock free.

It is not as easy to be specific what signal should the water injection follow. The majority of systems avaible on the market follow boost pressure without RPM reference. I don't know if this type of method can be improved by referencing the IDC and common-rail pressure.

The direct-injetcion Gasoline engine is almost the same as the common-rail direct injection diesel system.

In answering your question, the biggest usage for water injection on diesel engine is keeping the incylinder combustion temperature stable. Any excess heat (destructive) is absorbed water through evaporation, keeping the cylinder pressure high (more torque) without the penalty of the high temperatures. It is almost liken to a having a secondary engine powered by steam.
Old 14-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Volvo V70 D5 (163) remapped to 200+

Quote:
Originally Posted by janis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrick
Hi

Many thanks

Redbrick
That's what I would like to know as well, just bought a V70 2.4d, tuned to 200 HP AND I have an aquamist 1S system that I managed to salvage from my totalled V40 T4 :-(

I would like to put that to good use as well.

So anyone? Richard maybe :-)

Furthermore, what would be the optimal methanol/water mixture for diesel?

Thanks,

janis
Methanol, according to some research paper has the effect of modifiying the burnt speed of flame front of a diesel engine. Some paper say it speeds it up and some said it doesnt alter the speed.

As far as the burnt period, the diesel combustion process is much shorter than the gasoline engine. So alterating the burnt rate with methanol (if true) will open up a lot of posibilities on chemically tuning the diesel engne. I need to read up more SAE papers. All the information are out there, just need to have enough hours a day to do it.