waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 29-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Default Aquamist Explained In Detail

I'm currently running a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo with Aquamist DDS3 (meth&water) which produces 560bhp at 2bar of boost.

Now I know what the Aquamist is supposed to do, but I'm not sure it's doing what it should. I know the water/meth injection helps cool the cylinders and suppresses detonation when you're running high boost but I need to understand exactly what happens and when.

Are you supposed to feel an increase in power/torque with Aquamist enabled? I can't feel any difference in spool or power with it either switched on or off. I've tried making it come in very early(0.5bar) and it still didn't make any noticeable difference. If it's a case of, you won't notice it, but it helps protect the engine, then fair enough.

Also, is there a way to adjust the flow rate of the pump, or does it always flow at the same rate, and the only difference is the size of the jet you use? I've tried adjusting everything, but I only ever get the first bar on my gauge when the Aquamist kicks in. I've tested it and it with the jet exposed and it seems to work just fine.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aquamist Explained In Detail

You cannot adjust the flow rate of the aquamist pump. With 560 bhp on tap, it is difficult to feel the effect of water injection. The real effect is actually inside the combustion chamber, keeping the in-cylinder temperature even and suppressing knock.

The flow indication is adjustable. Try moving the SC trimmer. Perhaps you have a furred up jet.
Old 18-04-2016, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Aquamist Explained In Detail

Really outstanding post, Thank you for talking about These details.Excellently released material, if only all weblog authors offered the same level of fabric as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!