waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 15-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Want to install custom meth plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
With just one jet, you really need to solder link 1+2 to change the flow table. Instruction on page 22.
Ok I can do that. What if I add a bigger jet? Also how do I dial in the trimmers, just trial and error until things come on and max out when I want them to? Also if I solder the link can I then run the controller on full boost? TIA
Old 16-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

1. link 1&2 or two jets.
2. Cannot answer your question until I know the map sensor range and the boost pressure.

You can estimate the map sensor range by probing the voltage on test point 17 at pre-crank. Can you do this?
Old 16-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroyalty7 View Post
Hey Richard,

So setting the piR trimmer fully clockwise gives a little better linear reading it seems like the meter picks up the flow a little better but I still have the SC dial maxed out clockwise, the bar graph maxes out at WOT though. Also I'm probably close to 20 PSI boost right now and don't think I'll ever see over 25psi. Thank you again.
The bargraph should never set to "max out" at WOT, it should only max out around 5-6 bars, otherwise the system cannot recognise a leak or cut hose.

Have you ever read the user manual?
Old 16-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The bargraph should never set to "max out" at WOT, it should only max out around 5-6 bars, otherwise the system cannot recognise a leak or cut hose.

Have you ever read the user manual?
Wow! Not really sure why you're coming at me like that. This is my first wmi kit, this is my first major build, if you go back to my first post I very openly state that, I'm sorry you seem to be annoyed with me. Maybe you stayed out drinking too much last night, but I tell you what coming at customers like that is not the way to go about business. Ive always been cordial in my responses and questions, there is not a lot of tuning help where I live so I don't have anyone but you to bounce things off of. I honestly have read that manual more times than I'd like to admit, yes I know your supposed to set the SC bargraph to read 5-6 bars while testing the spray on the jet thanks for that I'll go back and read the manual once again and figure it out on my own. Thanks for your time.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am sure you will go much further doing this on your own. You are not strictly our customer, you bought this second hand?
Old 16-09-2017, 11:20 PM

Funny when people actually live up to there names! "Awesome" manufacturer sponsor! Hopefully the people that find this thread while researching your product will have a better inclination on what they're getting themselves into then I did. I'll make sure the forums, car clubs, and Facebook groups I'm a part of know about you guys! Pip, pip, cheerio!

Last edited by Jroyalty7; 18-09-2017 at 10:22 PM.