waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 08-06-2004, 04:14 AM

Default Re: ShurFlo vs. Aquamist Pump...

[quote="Richard L"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
For the intersest of all on this board - would you like to tell us what actually happened to your aquamist pump, problem and durability? Please!

It will really help other aquamist user to avoid future problems
In my case , a bit of plastic paper (I think ) got into my reservoir and was blocking the outlet of the tank , so although the filter was clear ( I checked that) the pump still wasnt getting enough flow and it burned up (literally) . The "run dry" , feature of the sure flow pumps is also an attractive feature.!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Thanks DuMauier 7.

Not sure the age of your pump, since 2002, all pumps were equipped with internal thermal cut-out and it should not burn up when run dry. The trigger point is 85C and re-start at 83C.

The only part that will suffer is the shaft seal, it is a 10-cent item, within the warranty period, we can often replace it free of charge if you send the pump back to us.

Shurflo pump also have a thermal cut-out, set at 65C - if it doesn't, it will suffer the same fate.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: ShurFlo vs. Aquamist Pump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
For anyone who's use both, what's your experience? I've personally had more problems with my aquamist pump than I'd like to admit and doubt its durability.
Please tell us about your aquamist problem "I'd like to admit"
Old 09-06-2004, 01:06 AM

Richard I got a brand new modified Shurflo pump for a REAL good price .It puts out 2 gpm @ 225psi, so I am going to try out this pump and see how it works, can you tell me how much pressure the Aquamist lines , connctors and HSV can safely take ?,since everything downstream of the pump will remain Aquamist (system 2D).I am planning to expand again from a two stage dual nozzle setup to a two stage tripple nozzle setup . This is why I need a HIGH flow pump.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:42 AM

One more question richard , would it be possible to use the diagnostic feature of the 2D (connect the orange wire) with the different pump ?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

When we supply a shurflo system to a user, we just supply a simple flow sensor on the water jet to monitor flow. If flow is in excess of 450ml/min, there need to use two sensors.

We have tried many ways to incoprporate the standard aquamist diagnostics circuitry to work with the Shruflo pump but failed to come up something reliable. The biggest problem is the huge flow capability even at low speed- imagine trying to compare two values decades apart.

The main problem is when the shurflo is running at low speed, the diaphragms produces very uneven pulses and it is very difficult to monitor. Alternatively we tried a wasted water method and also proved to be difficult. If only the Shroflo pump would flows a little bit less, it will be difficult for anyone to find a way to bridge that gap.

I know shuroflo has the capability to flow 3.8L a minute at 120psi - which engine will require a water injection system that will empty a gallon (US Gallon) of water in one minute.

1 litre/min of water will remove approximately 57 BHP!!! or 42KW. a full speed Shurflo pump will take 216 BHP out of an engine. Equivalent of bumping 6 gallon of gasoline. Calculation is based on the latent heat of water of 2256kJ/kg

We came to a compromise of using a priming pump and still retains the diagnositic capability of block jet and cut pipe. There are many systems out there claimed to have diagnostics capabilities abd progressive flow, but "none" has addressed the problem of detecting a block nozzle - the most important part of a water injection system.

So my conclusion is that it cannot be done at tehmoment niot that we haven't tried. I don't know what the answer is.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMaurier 7
Richard I got a brand new modified Shurflo pump for a REAL good price .It puts out 2 gpm @ 225psi, so I am going to try out this pump and see how it works, can you tell me how much pressure the Aquamist lines , connctors and HSV can safely take ?,since everything downstream of the pump will remain Aquamist (system 2D).I am planning to expand again from a two stage dual nozzle setup to a two stage tripple nozzle setup . This is why I need a HIGH flow pump.

Ok Richard , thanks for the info , I guess I.ll just have to settle for a simple "running light" for the pump , so that i can monitor the frequency and times of the pumps operation.You did not answer the other question about the operating pressures though.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Sorry I missed that bit.

Please run below 10 bar or 145psi.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have any idea, why not put an inline 10-bar pressure gauge.
Old 13-06-2004, 01:32 PM

Yup . I already have that . I have since gotten another of your HSV's to make my two stage system , fully mappable !!, the E6K will controll the additional one mapping dyty cycle against rpm (two dimentionalmapping ) and the Fia2 the other . Whats the hold up with the system 2E ? , I WANT one !! :lol: