waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 17-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aquamist 2d Install ? on an FD?

The aquamist will follow exactly what the primary injector is doing in 50%. If the injector is throws out a 50% of fuel, aquamist willdo the same for water. This is mirrored electromechanically.

The actual flow (cc/min) will be based on the flow at 100% of the size of the injectors and size of the water jet.

Unfortunately the weird staged primary injector makes things difficult for the water injection to flow linearily based on thr primary injection signal:

Primary: ... 0 ............. 25% ................ 50 %->25% .................. 100%
Secondary: 0 ...............0........................ ..... 25% ................... 100%

Based on the above sequence, it is better to tap the signal from the secondary fuel injector. If you want to track fuel below 25% iDC, you need add a "RX7 summer module". Details on the earlier link I posted.
Old 17-01-2012, 11:21 PM

I need a guide as to how IDC systems work , and if they need 2 criterias to work , injector pulse + boost pressure , or if they work reguardless of boost pressure and maybe boost pressure just increases the amount of spray?
Old 17-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You can look at this link how the summer works
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1979

The v3 summer needs primary and secondary signal. Trigger point is bsed on the the sum of the IDC signal. The summer can also be triuggered by 0-5V or a voltage-based MAP sensor signal.

The summer is designed IDC to "sum" two idc signals, boost cannot influence the summed output. The RX7 summer is an "add-on" to solve the unusual stepped sequence of the primary and secondary injectors.

We believe the idc signal contains all the information of multiple sensors on the engine. tracking this signal is a good representation of all loads.

As I have mentioned before. It you only need to inejctor water above 25% IDC, you don't need it, just read the idc signal from the secondary injector.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
You can look at this link how the summer works
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1979

The v3 summer needs primary and secondary signal. Trigger point is bsed on the the sum of the IDC signal. The summer can also be triuggered by 0-5V or a voltage-based MAP sensor signal.

The summer is designed IDC to "sum" two idc signals, boost cannot influence the summed output. The RX7 summer is an "add-on" to solve the unusual stepped sequence of the primary and secondary injectors.

We believe the idc signal contains all the information of multiple sensors on the engine. tracking this signal is a good representation of all loads.

As I have mentioned before. It you only need to inejctor water above 25% IDC, you don't need it, just read the idc signal from the secondary injector.

my car isn't a drag car.. just the oposite if anything it will be more geared twards track / auto-x . I want to run windshield fluid not straight water , for protection against knock , and cleaning / cooling purposes

I already have an aftermarket ECU , so if the deal is its going rich in the lower RPM's I can lean it out if needed . I have a wideband so I can see if its going to rich . the summer thing looks great .. but I'm tapped atm.. I want to get the car running after its running I can work on making the car perfect.

do I NEEED to wire it to the secondary injector ? will it caause the car to sputter to something ? because to do that it will be a big pain. damnit.. I'm just pissed off atm LOL I think its better to just tap the ECU harness.

and to re iterate what I understood .. at 100% flow of the secondary injector's the aquamist will be throwing out more water , then it would be at 100% of the primary?
Old 18-01-2012, 04:21 AM

welp you guys convinced me I'll reroute it to get the feed form the secondary injector's BUT! I could use a little help with that . i want to take the feed from the harness and not from so close to the injector , on the v3 summer diagram it shows that you can take the feed from the harness that plugs into the ECU , My harness is a JDM harness would you know if hte colors have changed? also on the ECU there are 3 plugs but the diagram doesn't show 3 plugs just one big one ? am I to assume that the one big plug is all the plugs on the ECU combined for simplicity? also on the summer diagram ..

what is shown is that the ECU itself ? or the harness plug that connects to the ECU? ( in order to locate the correct wires )
Old 18-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The diagram of the v3 is colour coded, so check it against your ecu. If the pins arrays are totally different from the v3 diagram, I have no other ideas apart form tracing the wires all the way from the fuel injectors to the ECU.
Old 19-01-2012, 02:47 AM

hah yeah but what i'm asking is the diagram is that the face of the ECU? or the face of the plug from the harness?

also the wire I tapped is most similar to the LG ( light green) on the diagram . LOL itsa solid LG I have pictures of the injector I tapped if I find my camera i'll try and post them but reguardless I've decided to take the wiring from the ECu because it will be much less messy comming form the engine bay I think.. I looked at the engine harness today and the first 4 wires are green , solid green , green with white line , geeen with red line , and green with another line thats on the harness I have an inkling that those are the injector wires . BUT they are in a different location than depicted on your diagram I will upload some pictures

BUT I just wanted to say thanks alot for all the help . and for putting up with my stubborn ness hah . I definitely want one of those summer things .
Old 19-01-2012, 05:07 AM

scratch that I located the 4 light green wireswith colored strips going from them .. but according to that and the diagram the tap that I have done atm is to a secondary injector the wire is solid green . lol
Old 19-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tem120 View Post
hah yeah but what i'm asking is the diagram is that the face of the ECU? or the face of the plug from the harness?

also the wire I tapped is most similar to the LG ( light green) on the diagram . LOL itsa solid LG I have pictures of the injector I tapped if I find my camera i'll try and post them but reguardless I've decided to take the wiring from the ECu because it will be much less messy comming form the engine bay I think.. I looked at the engine harness today and the first 4 wires are green , solid green , green with white line , geeen with red line , and green with another line thats on the harness I have an inkling that those are the injector wires . BUT they are in a different location than depicted on your diagram I will upload some pictures

BUT I just wanted to say thanks alot for all the help . and for putting up with my stubborn ness hah . I definitely want one of those summer things .

The drawing is looking at the bare pins of the ECU. No wire harness is involved.
A good picture will be a great help for all. With and with out the harness plugged in.
Old 21-01-2012, 01:52 AM

Sorry for hte late replies

the first one is where the injector I tapped is .

second one is the actual injector plug notice hte black/yellow , and green wire

Last one is 4 green wires one solid and 3 with different colored stripes which kind of match your diagram . well the 4 green wires are the forward most , and the rest is well the plug