waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 16-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Default 2D System stuck in priming mode??

I have had the Aquamist 2D system on my vehicle for a couple years now problem free until now. It acts as though it has a blockage somewhere in the line. When boost is engaged ( at 5psi) the pump runs non-stop like it is not getting any fluid or in prime mode. It runs until i pull the fuse or turn the truck off. I do not want to damage the pump so i have left the fuse out for awhile now. I took all
of the lines apart and checked for blockages, cleared the lines with compressed
air just in case and there appeared to be none. I then put it all back
together again and it still has the same problem. I changed out the pressure switch just in case it was the problem as well. If i run it without the line connected before its connected to the supercharger the fluid sprays out normally and it appears the pump is working fine. should I try another nozzle or?
Do you have any thoughts as to what the problem might be?
Old 16-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Also if this is the "dry pump" problem mentioned in some of the other posts where exactly do you inject the water with a syringe? Do you remove the hose from the inlet side going into the pump and inject water into the pump where it was?? Is this done while the pump is off? Thanks for your help.
Old 16-11-2009, 06:24 PM

i just had to prime my 2d pump and got it working afterwards so i'll chime in here. Yes, you remove the inlet hose and inject water in there. I used one of those blue ear syringes to inject the water. I also removed the outlet hose so i could actually push the water in through the inlet and let it run out the other side just to make sure it was thoroughly wetted inside. This was all done with the pump off. after reconnecting the outlet and then the inlet hoses the pump primed without a problem.
Old 16-11-2009, 11:37 PM

Thanks ndif for the response! The weird thing about this is that the pump will actually pump water just not shut off. Was your 2D system doing the same thing as mine?
Old 16-11-2009, 11:53 PM

Mine wasn't pumping water but was stuck running in the priming mode (even though there was an ample supply of water making it to the pump) and would not turn off until i shut off power to the pump. The pump makes a lot of noise in priming mode but when it is primed and has water it is pretty quiet.

If yours is not running in the priming mode but is instead non-stop pumping water i would first look into the switch that determines at what boost your pump is set to turn on. Maybe it is set too low and is therefore running the whole time. Or maybe your pump can't make the requested psi/bar level because the flow is too high or the solenoid is stuck open?

Other than that i will defer to other posters who may have more experience with what you are experiencing.
Old 17-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

few other possiblities:

1. The pump's internal spring is broken so that the pump is not making enough pressure seem by the 806-162 to turn it off.
2. The 806-162 is set too high
3. The centre pin of the pump is corrtoded so that it can see the 806-162's stop signal.
4. The center pin of the pump is loose and not making connection to the pump.
5. Short circuit the 806-162 and see if the pump stops?
6. Ground the center pin of the pump shoudl stop the pimp?

Let me know if any one of the above is true.