waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 28-01-2010, 08:40 PM

Default Which kit

I have a 2.2 ltr vw running a gt35r turbo, SDS efi, 96 lbs injectors, and water to air intercooler. Don't know which system to get and what jet size I need. The motor makes roughly 275hp on 92 unleded with 12 lbs boost and want to run 16-18 lbs. I estemate about 400-425 hp. I have a bung in place after the intercooler for the jet. Do I need the system 2d or the system 2s. I like the 2d idea but don't know if pulling the signal off of my injector harness will effect the ecu. I was told if you run 2 injectors per cylinder they need to be the same impedance and running the single actuater off it will it cause a problem?
Old 29-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Howerton Engineering

The 2d, 2s, 1s systems etc have been discontinued as of the 1st of the year. The current Aquamist lineup going forward is the HFS-2,3 and 6. There maybe some of the other systems is stock at the retail level, including the soon discontinued HFS-1. The 2d,2s, etc will still be supported but most parts will be harder to source or go to the factory for repairs etc.

All that said, the connection to the fuel injector for the IDC signal should not affect your ECU or fuel system. Depending upon what mix of fluid you plan to spray, you might be fine with a single jet, or may need to use two smaller with the new HFS systems. If you do plan on using the 2d, we need to look at the injection rate and pump capacity to make sure it is enough.
Old 29-01-2010, 05:17 PM

Default System

Ok the website still shows in current produce. I do want the abbility to flow 4-500cc but realy like the pump quality vs the shur flo. Is there a new version yet with greater capacity. So which of the new systems would work best and where is a link to the info?thanks.
Old 29-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Howerton Engineering

Any of the new systems will flow up to 1200cc without issue. If you want take a look at the info and see what questions arise. The HFS-3 and 6 have the full complement of failsafes and the HFS-2 uses the same injection hardware without failsafes.

http://howertonengineering.com/aquamist_systems.html

Here's the main product page with detailed documents attached.
Old 29-01-2010, 06:25 PM

Ok, checked it out and the h3 and h6 seem to be the same. Is there anything better about the h6 theses seem to be just what I need. If the h3 is what I need I would like to get in on the group buy. Let me know so I can get in on it, ends tomarrow. Thanks
Old 29-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Howerton Engineering

Here's what Richard has posted before:

The HFS-3's adjustability is limited compared to the HFS-6.

It cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
- offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
- It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation
- alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
- read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
- control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6

It can:
- put gain on the incoming F-IDC for purpose of having large fuel injectors running low DC. Previously, the HFS-5 has to be double pulsed.
- You can run the system based on boost or IDC only. In single stage or progressive mode.
- You can program it to be single point (HFS-1) or PWM-V mode (HFS-5).

The HFS-6 has further electronic signal processing to match the FAV's opening and closing period.

In core functionality, the 3 and the 6 will both give you the best delivery method available. It's some of the top level adjustability that the 6 has over the 3.
Old 29-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Thanks, will give you a call to order one or enter the group buy. Also I am in California US