waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 28-09-2005, 03:01 AM

Thanks for putting this together for me Richard. I can't wait to install these and fine tune everything.

Oops, I forgot to get you a picture of the new up pipe with the second injector.... I'll try to get that to you over the weekend. I think I'm also going to clean up the install (WI component area) as I add in the additional items.
Old 15-03-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Greetings.....

Thank you for the quick reply on srtforums, Richard!

Basically here is the plan

Here is my basic set up

Built engine with 8.8 compression vs. 8.1 stock. bored .020 over
Fuel injectors are 682cc @ 75 psi. 2728 cc/min total flow. (682cc/min*4)
S3 w/o toys-MITSUBISHI TD05/10cm2 Turbo-...but I will have a toybox soon....hello HOM.
Lorenzo 60 mm TB+60mm adapter.
Ported intake manifold.
Full 3" turbo back-maxfabb SEE- w/o cat.
I have not datalogged or used an A/F gauge yet, but i have changed the v/e of the engine enough to warrant about 11.0 @ WOT. that should be 1 point or so leaner that w/o the porting
I am estimating 335 hp without HOM....385 with HOM?
I am considering a direct port set up or dual nozzle set up.

If I were to go dual nozzle I would probably follow turbojack's nozzle placement.

The only thing I see as a potential problem with the multi nozzle set up is the ability to monitor a clogged nozzle. It looks as if the multi-nozzle set up would lose the ability to detect if just one nozzle is blocked. If you were to use a flow detector on each nozzle , it would be pricey to say the least.

I have the 2d kit and it comes with a FI computer but it is more of a shadowing device of the FI pulses vs. a full mappable set up such as turbojack's.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a DP+ IC end tank type set up ~5 nozzzles.

If I were to try a dual nozzle set up first I would probably go a .9 in the IC and a .8 before the TB

I'm guesing here but I think a .8 in the IC and a set of 4x .1 jets in the intake runners would be a good place to start at in trying to achieve 24/7HOM. I think a larger jet in the IC would go a long way to cool down intake temps and smaller jets in the runners would help control the detonation. I think what is needed is the ability to control the intake temps and surpress detonation. I think the key would be total saturation of the air intake charge,but not oversaturate it. Literally, you will need a perfect even dist of h2o.

I would like to try A 4X .3 setup but i think that would cause to large of a pressure drop in the line.Do the aquamist kits with the high speed injector valve keep a constant pressure, or will the pressure drop with the addition of extra jets?. If you are going only DP you would not get nearly the charege cooling and supression of det you would normally get with and IC jet + DP.

What do you think of a 6 nozzle set up?

(Intercooler end tank jet)+(Throttle Body jet)+(Direct Port jets)= .(total nozzle size,distribution)

.2+.2+(.2x4 )=.12 total?

or

.3+.1+(.2x4 )=.12 total?

or

.7+.1+(.1x4 )=.12 total?

or

.6+.2+(.1x4 )=.12 total?

Do you think it would be better to inject more at the begging of the air tract tapering down or inject less ta the begging of the air tract and increase as the air charge progresses?
I am of the opinion that LESS NOZZLE ARE BETTER THAN MORE....I would like to keep it simple....
hmmmmm......
Old 22-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are going for a twin nozzle set up permanently, I can narrow down the 2d's diagnostic window but require some playing around. YOu car is equipped with a knock sensor, I wouldn't get too comncerned, provided the HOM is not going to be taken away after all the other mods.

If you have a priming pump pushing the AM pump, you can get almost 550cc/min, you can run 4x 0.3mm and may be 1x 0.5mm jet immediately aftyer the intercooler.

The 0.3mm jet flows 75cc/min. at 6bar.

Richard

PS, whilst you are building the engien, why not put some brass adaptor in place and plug them up for future use.

Here is what they look like just in case yopu haven't seen them before. It come with a M8 blanking plug.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:27 AM

Hi Richard

I took the WI off early in the winter in anticipation of redoing the install in the spring = making it cleaner and easier to work on.

Some things I was going over

I can't seem to remember the specs on the what the pressure output on the priming pump should be, I want to make sure the pump I'm currently using is not putting out too much pressure. Can you advise me on this?

You have recommend the Flowjet 122-202 as a priming pump, after looking online I see that it has a 3/8 inlet and outlet barbs. What hardware is available that you know of that would fit onto these barbs but accept the 6mm line?

I?m thinking of revising the supply for the WI system by using the factory washer fluid tank. This tank sits very low up front. Will the priming pump allow me to have the Aquamist pump higher then the supply without an issue?

I have installed a Cold air intake system to free up some room under the hood. I will be installing the WI components in the freed up space. I could use some assistance:

1) The grey clips that hold the 30 cc accumulator can they be purchased separately, I think mine are a little worn out from installing and removing them a couple of times during my initial install and then removal.

2) I have seen some images of some clips that have been used for holding the HSV. I thought I remember seeing a part number was posted but I can no longer find that info, can you assist with the correct number for these? Were these from another supplier if so can you help with the name?

Lastly an update to the car,

1) Last month I upgraded to a Mopar stage III turbo system. The stage III upgrade has increased the HP & torque a fair amount over the stage II. The car is decidedly quicker now, but I can?t wait till have it running in HOM like I did with stage II??.it?s a big power increase with HOM activated, plus water is much cheaper then race gas.
2) This past weekend I upgraded the Intercooler to an AIS large mount to help compliment the bigger stage III turbo. This is an improvement over the stock IC in cooling efficiency. I taped the IC exit tank for an Aquamist jet adapter just like I did with the stock IC. Still need to reinstall the IC sprayers though, I'll fabricate something that will work.

Here?s a link to the Mopar website describing the stage III upgrade
http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm
Old 05-06-2006, 02:54 AM

I did some of the reinstall revision yesterday and today.

To clean up the WI installation I decided to eliminate the fuel cell and use the washer tank instead. The washer tank is well below where I mounted the Aquamist pump. I have anticipated that a priming pump will have to be used for get water to the Aquamist pump, unlike my old setup where the priming pump was mainly for increasing the pressure capabilities of the Aquamist pump using the pulse extender since the fuel cell was above the pump. I have purchased the 806-500 recently, does this eliminate the pulse extender or is this just for priming pump activation?

I want to replace my current priming pump, I want to purchase the Flowjet 122-202 and use this as a priming pump. Before purchasing this can you tell me if there is any hardware available that you know of that would fit onto these barbs but accept the 6mm line? Is there any importance of the priming pump mounting location......nearer to the supply tank......below the supply pickup......closer to the Aquamist pump....ect.?

On the 3rd revision of the diagram you made me the two-way inline valve is labeled as 806-238 and the wires are red and blue. The two-way inline valve I have is labeled 806-234 and the wires are red and brown. Is there anything here to be concerned with?

Concerning the purple wire from the FIA in the 3rd revision diagram, can you explain this hook up for me so I do not make any errors?
EDIT: I think I found the correct answer in this thread http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1104.

If I?m already using the DDS3, the lamps on the FIA2 are more for diagnostics and dialing in the 806-157, not monitoring correct?

The orange wire ?LED ? resistor ? red wire from the FIA2 (blocked jet) is a redundant warning, or used for diagnostics of the HSV hookup since the flow sensor and the DDS3 should see the blocked jet as well. The reason I ask this and the above question is the pass compartment location of these items?.I?m debating on a pillar pod since dash space is limited without cutting and fabricating.

In the diagram there shows to be two red wires from the FIA2. One goes to a fuse then switched power, the other goes to the HSV and gets tapped for the blocked jet LED. Which red wire from the FIA2 goes to which device/end point, does it matter, or am I over thinking things? Can you clarify this so that I hook this up correctly?
EDIT: I think I found the correct answer in this thread, http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1104
If I'm correct I can hook this up to my Zeitronix's user selected input so I can see this eaisly when I want to

The inline two-way inline valve (806-234), I?m going to be using this for boost cut only, and this will get the signal based on the settings in the DDS3. The car has a factory wastegate solenoid that I do not want to interfere with since this is integral with the proper function of the DAB (Dial-A-Boost) option in the toys package. This device (806-234) can go in line and exist with the factory wastegate solenoid, correct? If it can I do not need to put in a bleed, correct? I?m trying to think about this and above may sound like a noob question but I really want to keep the current boost level (stage III is spiking at 23.5 lbs), IMO that?s plenty of boost I really don?t think more boost is needed, just less fuel (without any fuel trimming and using my Zeitronix system, the Mopar stage III is showing EGT?s spiking at around 925c sometimes). I?m thinking that if I tune out some of the dumped fuel using the PSI-FI piggy back (probably no more then 12.2 AFR), replace the dumped fuel with the water and use HOM and keep the current boost I?ll be about where I want if things work well. If the WI does have a failure or does not work well, the two-way inline valve would just bump boost?.no need for a bleed (raised boost), correct, do I need to reread things about WGA?s and boost solenoids?

With the DDS3 power off, is the inline two-way valve dumping boost?

With regards to the flow sensor and HSV. With the new revisions does the flow sensor still need to be after the HSV to be most effective? Can I have the flow sensor hooked up right at the pressure switch (806-162) then followed directly by the HVS? Currently I have the HSV after the pressure switch and before the flow sensor.

Last question, I think it might mean little?..but can I have the two jets that are controlled by the HSV located unequally away from the HSV? Basically the new setup is temporarily installed as follows, a sort length of hose is coming out of the HSV, and then a Y connector with one short length of hose going to a jet located near the throttle body, with another longer length of hose going to a jet located in the IC exit tank.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojack
Hi Richard

I took the WI off early in the winter in anticipation of redoing the install in the spring = making it cleaner and easier to work on.

Some things I was going over

I can't seem to remember the specs on the what the pressure output on the priming pump should be, I want to make sure the pump I'm currently using is not putting out too much pressure. Can you advise me on this?

You have recommend the Flowjet 122-202 as a priming pump, after looking online I see that it has a 3/8 inlet and outlet barbs. What hardware is available that you know of that would fit onto these barbs but accept the 6mm line?

I?m thinking of revising the supply for the WI system by using the factory washer fluid tank. This tank sits very low up front. Will the priming pump allow me to have the Aquamist pump higher then the supply without an issue?

The priming is useful if you want to run beyond 330cc/min, regardless fo wherethe water is located. I believe you have now unpgraded your enigne with more power. I think retaining the priming pump arrangement is helpful.

I have installed a Cold air intake system to free up some room under the hood. I will be installing the WI components in the freed up space. I could use some assistance:

1) The grey clips that hold the 30 cc accumulator can they be purchased separately, I think mine are a little worn out from installing and removing them a couple of times during my initial install and then removal.

I will ship you a few with the new bracket - for your friend

2) I have seen some images of some clips that have been used for holding the HSV. I thought I remember seeing a part number was posted but I can no longer find that info, can you assist with the correct number for these? Were these from another supplier if so can you help with the name?

I will also include them

Lastly an update to the car,

1) Last month I upgraded to a Mopar stage III turbo system. The stage III upgrade has increased the HP & torque a fair amount over the stage II. The car is decidedly quicker now, but I can?t wait till have it running in HOM like I did with stage II??.it?s a big power increase with HOM activated, plus water is much cheaper then race gas.
2) This past weekend I upgraded the Intercooler to an AIS large mount to help compliment the bigger stage III turbo. This is an improvement over the stock IC in cooling efficiency. I taped the IC exit tank for an Aquamist jet adapter just like I did with the stock IC. Still need to reinstall the IC sprayers though, I'll fabricate something that will work.

You definately need the priming pump. I wne to the site but the enlarged power plot chat is missing.

Here?s a link to the Mopar website describing the stage III upgrade
http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm