waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 16-10-2005, 11:37 AM

Richard, regarding the figures you posted earlier on, where they all measured using the optimum ignition timing for each one?

For example, when you got "race fuel + WAI....760bhp" the ignition curve was totally different to that of "Race fuel only" right?

Also did you have any AFR measurements as they appeared on the wideband?

Cheers,

John

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 16-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have managed to scan two race fuel plots but not doing a good job overlaying them - two gear box ratios, but the combined chart does show the effect of adding WIA injection onto race fual. You can see the afr measured on wide band. We would have gone a bit more leaner if we had time.

The timing was up by over 4 degrees and some areas area 6 degress. Not one hint of knock, I am sure we can move more but settled at 33 degrees at peak torque area - need to confirn wirth Gary.

Here is the plots on the night before the race. The bottom layer was plotted in April this year.

Water commenced at ~5400 RPM, boost was 0.2 bar higher at 1.9bar on the final run.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Nice work, some good reading there .
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 PM

[/quote]

Hey Richard, how can I get a solenoid like one of these? I need a reliable solenoid that will withstand an approximate 130psi pressure difference. The only one I've found so far was from coolingmist.com.... but it failed and filled my motor with water as well as my crank case.... that was an $120 mistake...
Old 07-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Richard, how can I get a solenoid like one of these? I need a reliable solenoid that will withstand an approximate 130psi pressure difference. The only one I've found so far was from coolingmist.com.... but it failed and filled my motor with water as well as my crank case.... that was an $120 mistake...
The indicated valve can withstand a steady prssure of 120psi but only suitable for use with methanol or water. The failure of the coolmist valve may be due to pressure spike beyond 130psi. Check if you are feeding your pressurised water into the correct port - it might still be usable.

Richard
Old 11-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMaurier 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
As the main panel is updated with FIA2 and HSV, the twin valve is now used to direct the water to perform two tasks, pre-turbo and port water injection. The water flow is progressive with fuel's DC or a third party WI map.

My set up is similar , but I have both HSV's , down stream each of the solenoids , so that they dont see my ystem pressure all of the time.
I would stick with HSV, we have found the valve seal is swelling up on the viton seals of those valves (possibily due to nitromethane). We have change those valves to HSV (EPDM seals).

The Purple valves are designed for air (bleed valve usage).
Richard, what is the purpose of these two HS valves? Since the HSV mounted by the pumps is controlling the flow, these seem redundant.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The two purple valves are not very high speed, takes 5-8ms to open. They are there to split the metered water from the HSV valve (installed in the trunk) into two separate locations.

The user can now select:

1) port only
2) pre-turbo
3) both
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 AM

From a prior post, I see that the purple valves have been replaced with HSV's. I guess they are just being used as switches to direct where the water/meth flows to. Is this correct?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

yes, you are 100% correct. The purple valves are not fast enough for PWM usage.